Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Break Time

I guess we all have to do it at some point, right? As much as I love my blog and am so addicted to reading all ya'll's blogs, I have a LOT on my plate right now: personal crisis, being sick, winter guard, the winter doldrums... I just can't do everything. So my blog will suffer. I hope to get on and post at least once a week still, but we'll see. I'll also be getting on to read everyone else every few days, so no talking about me behind my back (unless you use code words, in which case I won't know you're talking about me. So you can't refer to me as Grace during all this, Cara.). Don't forget about me, online friends! I shall return in full force... in a few weeks, I guess (I gotta get through February!!).

In other news: I got a beautiful boquet of tulips for Valentine's Day... the box says "Fresh from the farm". I absolutely adore them. Red, pink, and white. The message on the card was simple, but beautiful. When my husband does it, he sure does it right!

My mom now has a blog, for those of you interested (because she's been stalking you and stuff!!). You can find her here.

My great friend, Camille, arrives tomorrow!!! She'll be here until Monday, and I couldn't be more excited. I have no idea what we're going to do while she's here, but it will be nice just to have her here. It's the first time in my married life to have a friend come a long distance just to visit me and my family. I've made plenty of trips to see others, but no one has ever come to see me. This makes me happy.

10 comments:

fourth_fret said...

sorry, no can do. if the spirit moves me to call you grace, then grace it is. :P

it's ok to take some time sariah. we all do it. (no pointing at me, please)...

have fun with your company!

Proud Mum said...

gasp! ... can't ... go on ... without ... sariah's ... blog ... need ... whitty ... observations ...

Seriously, good luck with everything you've got going on. I hope it all works out well and that you get through your personal crisis with oodles and buckets of good stuff.

I'd like to quote my BIL in the interest of humour, I hope this doesn't hit a nerve and if it does, I apologize:

"What doesn't kill you just makes you stronger, or damages you permanently."

Here's hoping it makes you stronger!

Philosophical Karen said...

Take a break Sariah! I'm envious of your lovely tulips. Have a good time with your friend. I hope you will let us know how winter guard goes.

terrierchica said...

oh, no sariah blog? so sad. You haven't been writing much anyways so I guess it makes sense for this mini break.
have fun with camille!

Me, Myself and I said...

um, Hi.
I know you're starting Winterguard season. I heard a song on the radio and thought, 'If I were still doing Winterguard, I'd like to do a show to this song'. So, I'll share: "Save The Last Dance For Me" by Michael Buble.

Okay, have a great day, and thanks for letting a random person post on your blog. I know my name links to a lame-O blog page. 'cuz that's not my real blog. anyway, thanks. :)

Sariah said...

FF -- I just said you can't call me Grace if you're going to talk about me behind my back. Because then I'll know. You have to come up with a code. So there. ;)

PM -- I have witty observations?? I'm so flattered! And I LOVE that quote. It's my new favorite quote. I may have to change the tagline of my blog.

Karen and TC -- Thanks. I will enjoy Camille, but will miss you all. [choking back some tears]

Audio -- Hey! Haven't seen you in a while! I wish I could comment on your actual blog, but I dont' feel like signing up for ANOTHER thing. My sister has myspace, so I might steal her identity so I can comment. Hee hee. We are actually doing "Thriller". It's so great. Perfect for middle schoolers, too. They are loving it! I'll keep you updated.

ABQ Mom said...

Its funny you wrote this, I was actually thinking of writing the same thing on Monday. (two days ago.) Instead I got inspired by Valentines Day and my anniversary quickly approaching.
I'll miss you while you're taking a break, but I understand the need to put things aside. I'll look for you when you return.

Oh...and just as an aside. What you said about your friend visiting you, and it being the first time someone has gone a long distance to visit you since you've been married, but you've done it loads of time. That struck home with me.

Kris said...

Sariah, I SO understand! Have a great time with your girlfriend and have a relaxing rest of the month...we all await your return (wuth some stories to tell?)...BTW, I have a box started here for you...I am picking out jsut the right things to send so it should be on it's way soon!

K.

Me, Myself and I said...

Hi!!!
I'm audioproduction grl, logged in with a differeny user name.

This name "P & A" will link you to my www.blogspot.com blogs. Yes I said blogs with an "S"! I get so bored at work, I just blog and blog and blog.

The blogspot.com blogs are topical (Guard, Love, Consumer Opinion, Young Women's...), but the blog about me and my life is on MSN Myspace at http://spaces.msn.com/ajojo00/ (I didn't think I had it set that you have to be a member to see it....hm) I even have random Guard pics on that site!

Have a great day!!! :)

Me, Myself and I said...

p.s. I've enjoyed reading your blog and will enjoy your updates, whenever they are! :)