Monday, February 06, 2006

Random Number Monday

I'm following Karen's example and having Random Number Monday. Partly because I missed Random Friday, partly because I haven't written in a week, and partly because I just have a lot of different things to say.

1. My tummy hurts. I hate it. I don't know why it hurts (no insinuations here about pregnancy, okay? I don't want to hear it!!). I wake up in the morning feeling okay, but it slowly but surely gets worse and worse until around dinnertime I can't do ANYTHING. I just want to lay down and die. Okay, maybe not die, but I am pretty miserable.

2. One of my best friends from college, Camille, called me on Thursday and asked if she can come visit me. Uhhh, YES!!!! I'm so stoked! She'll be here on the 16th. Her husband is taking their sons to his cousins house to play computer and video games. Camille said, "I don't want to do that! I want to go to Reno." So Rob said if she could find a cheap ticket (which she DID!), she can come. WOOT! She and her daughter will be here until the 20th.

3. I started playing in a community band. It's pretty hard core. We're playing some really tough music (mainly grade 4 and 5!), but it's also a lot of fun. On the first night, we got to stand and say our name and what we do. At my turn, I said, "My name is Sariah and I'm a mom." I heard a lot of "Awww!" and "That's so great!" from the group. It was kind of weird, though, because I was the only one who had that kind of an answer. Everyone else was all, "I'm a teacher" or "I work as an accountant" or whatever. Hmmmm.

4. We found MORE mold! One wall in our bedroom is covered in it. Ches cleaned it up yesterday before church. Before he did that, however, he took pictures of it to take to the management office. We found a little bit of mold in our closet, and a tiny bit on the wall in the kids' room. It scares the heck out of me to have so much mold. We can't live like this, but where are we goiung to go? We have cheap rent here, and may only be here until July or so, so there's no way we could get a lease somewhere else for such a short time when we don't know if and when we're moving.

5. I get to pick up my wedding dress from the cleaners today. We'll see how well they were able to repair it. The owner of our condo has insisted we send him the bill. He's such a nice guy.

6. Our camera broke again. Like I said above, Ches used it yesterday morning, and then put it away properly. That evening I took it out to take some pictures of the boys, bu the lens wouldn't open or anything. We haven't even had it back a full month! Ches gets to call Sony today.

7. I start winter guard with a junior high today. It's going to be pretty low-key, and they are only giong to one competition. We'll see how many kids actually show up (the band director never called and gave me a number to go off of), and how many of those kids are actually committed enough to do it.

8. Valentine's Day is quickly aproaching, and I don't know if Ches and I are actually celebrating in any way. We haven't talked about it. I just want flowers (roses, tulips, and daiseys would be best, but I'd be happy with anything EXCEPT carnations), but I hate that I have to tell him "Buy me flowers."

9. I made a roast in the slow cooker yesterday. We came home from church, and our little apartment smelled soooooo good! I said, "It smells like Sunday!" Funny how roasts are like the staple Sunday dinner.

10. I'm very sad for the Seattle Seahawks. I wanted them to win.

11. Did anyone else get bored by the halftime show? I mean, the Rolling Stones are great and all, but there was really nothing special about the show. They just got up there and did 3 numbers (good choices, however), but it seemed to kind of drag on a bit.

12. Aiden woke up this morning and asked, "May I watch a movie about Star Wars... PLEASE????" He's so obsessed, it's funny.

13. I get to teach Releif Society the last Sunday this month. I'm pretty nervous.

14. I just finished reading "Ella Enchanted". That was a cute book. I hear the movie is pretty cute, so I'll have to check it out.

15. We watched "Ladder 49" the other night. I quite enjoyed it. If you haven't seen it and you're a total cry baby girl like me, make sure you have Kleenex.

16. I think I have a kajillion and one errands to run, so now I must go. Buh-bye!

10 comments:

ABQ Mom said...

I was sad the Seahawks lost. I still can't believe they made it. I was telling Shane before the game started that throughout our lifetime they have sucked. If you were a fan you were made fun of. (I believe the same was true of the Steelers).

We didn't watch the half-time show. I decided I wanted to watch other stuff instead.

I really hope that your dress was able to be fixed, and thats cool that the manager wants to pay for it. I can't believe there is MORE mold and that your camera broke again! ARRGH!

I made ribs yesterday. So yummy! But you're right about Roasts being a staple of Sunday dinner. Last week I used the left overs to make french dip sandwiches on monday. Yum!

Okay I can't remember all the other #'s. I'll have to post this comment and read it again and then come back. ;-)

ABQ Mom said...

Oh ya, the other thing, I have seen Ladder 49, and as the daughter of a firefighter, those movies always have me sobbing like a little girl. Good movie.

And, I am so glad I'm not you, having to teach in R.S., that is seriously my biggest feared calling ever!

ABQ Mom said...

We've never been ones to do anything really big or special for Valentines Day. Our anniversary is two weeks later (3-3) so we usually wait till then to do anything really special. Though of course theres nothing wrong with doing something special on Valentines Day, and you're right about the hinting, that stinks!

ABQ Mom said...

Oh and 'Ella Enchanted' is a cute movie. I didn't know it was based on a book.

Allrie said...

Call me about the mold --if I don't get to you first--I messed up and am not going to type that whole thing again!

Met a neighbor today. She has 3yr old twins. The little boy talked like Aiden, except that he NEVER ONCE mentioned Star Wars!

Allrie said...

Oh yeah, and in what world are roasts a Sunday staple? I think of pasta as a staple--not MEAT! (No offense to all the meat eaters out there--I do eat meat--just don't care for much at once.)

terrierchica said...

GO STEELERS!!! I was happy they won.

Ladder 49 is such a quality movie. I saw it in theaters and loved it. I want to own it. I know so many kids that are in fire school or applying right now, and I want to apply next year. It's nice that there is finally a realistic movie.

And yesterdays food was Chinese food. Delivery. During the superbowl. I should write in my blog about this, actually.

Philosophical Karen said...

Hey, your random number was twice as big as my random number.

Your life must be twice as interesting (and random) as mine right now. ;-)

Lura said...

My tummy's been hurting too. I don't know why. It just randomly hurts throughout the day, and has been doing this for a few days now.

I like the book Ella Enchanted much better than the movie, though the movie is still cute. They changed a lot though. (Not that that's unusual or anything.)

I didn't watch anything to do with the SuperBowl. In fact, I didn't even know that it was going to be SuperBowl Sunday until Saturday and Jesse mentioned it to me.

I can't remember what else you wrote. If I have any more comments, I'll come back.

fourth_fret said...

i agree... roast and taters for sunday dinner cannot be topped. (i haven't actually had that for years, but as a kid, we did every sunday.)

naturally, i was more into the potatoes. sigh.