Friday, January 27, 2006

It's Random Friday!

I just have lots of random things to say that don't really go together, so I'm instituting Random Friday. If you would like to have your own Random Friday today, comment and link to yours so I can be sure to check it out. I love randomness!

1. I had a dream 2 nights ago that I was doing something with wood and paint (tole painting, I believe), and I ran my hand along the wood and got a splinter. Then Ches and Dallin woke me up because Ches had to go to school and Dallin was hungry. My finger that got the splinter in the dream still hurt. I felt the sting for a good half hour.

2. One of my favorite cereals is Post's Shreddies. It reminds me of being a little kid (I think we ate it when we stayed with my grandfather in British Columbia because anytime I eat it I have memories that come flooding back). The only bad thing is... Shreddies is in Canada. You can't get Shreddies in the States unless you order it from one of those places I mentioned a long time ago to buy Candadian chocolates. However, I have found a new cereal that is SO close to Shreddies, I really can't tell a difference. Ches can, but he's eaten more Shreddies in his life than I have. And he says it's really, really close. Anyrate, it's Multibran Chex. I was in Heaven! I love it! AND we get it on WIC. WOOT!

3. We went swimming Wednesday night for Annacy's birthday. Annacy is Aiden's little girlfriend. Aren't they so cute? Anyrate, Aiden became a little fish in the water. He had so much fun. Now he wants to go swimming everyday. It was Dallin's first time swimming. For about the first 45 minutes or so he just sat in his floatie, looking around with this expression of "what the heck is this place??" on his face. Then he really started to enjoy it. Because Open Swim didn't start until 7:30 pm, the kids were really tired, and Dallin kep putting his face down, into his hands and resting on the front of the floatie. It was adorable. Did we get pictures? Of course not. We forgot the camera.

4. Chinchillas eat leaves. Aiden likes to throw this out there every so often, and I thought I'd join in.

5. They Might Be Giants "Here Come the ABC's" is just about the best kids CD ever. I love it! Of course, Aiden loves it, too. His favorite song is "Rolling O", which he calls the Monster Song, and I think my favorite song is "I Can't Remember What D Is For". It's just funny. I can sing all of "The Alphabet of Nations" and the alphabet backwards now. Oh, and Aiden also loves "Go For G". This is good stuff. (I know Dana agrees!)

6. I posted another assignment on the Poetry Reading, for those of you who are doing that.

7. When I was first married, Ches and I spent our first Thanksgiving in San Diego with Peter and Aunt Marisa. Aunt Marisa loves to spoil her nieces and nephews, so of course she took us shopping. She bought me these super sweet pajamas that are like long underwear. They are white with blue snowflakes and Winnie the Pooh in a sweater, scarf, and hat. I was so cold last night, so I wore them to bed (I haven't worn these pajamas in a few years!!). I was pretty comfy all night. Yay!

8. Erica, I will check out that ice cream. I love Ben and Jerry's, I love ice cream, I love chocolate. All together, it's a great combination!

13 comments:

Proud Mum said...

I haven't heard Here Come the ABCs, but we have NO! and we love it. My next cd purchase will be the ABCs, with both your and Dana's endorsements.

Proud Mum said...

oh, and in the spirit of randomness:

Good, good, whole wheat Shreddies!

"Are you ready, Freddie?"
"Let's go, Eddie!"

Allrie said...

Olives are also not to be eaten fresh off the tree. However, I loved the fresh figs from our tree in VA this year--and circling back to Canada (so I suppose I'm not being totally random) Dad always said he had the only fruit bearing fig tree in BC--so I figure on having one in OH! I also want a persimmon tree--several neighbors have them, so I know they thrive (and the fruit is so yummy--even fresh off the tree.)

Sounds like "C is for Cookie" has major competition, eh?

Kris said...

Oh look at those babies! So incredibly cute....oh and if you want Shreddies, I'll send you Shreddies...no seriously, just let me know...I'll trade you for some of those kisses we can't seem to get up here!

K.

terrierchica said...

Shreddies are good and healthy. I remember eating them when visiting you.
Dude, is that Aunt Marisa?
*waves*

fourth_fret said...

hmmm... i wonder what that dream meant? maybe you have too many fingers? heh

Kris said...

Sariah,

Email me...bkej@shaw.ca

I will send you some stuff..seriously!

K.

Allrie said...

TC, you even have to ASK if it is Aunt Marisa?! Dude! How many Marisas do you think read Sariah's blog? (No offence, Sariah, but your Universe is not all THAT big.)

terrierchica said...

ZING!

haha, good one mom. anyways, it was sort of a rhetorical question.

Alyson said...

Sariah you should share what th inlaws do with their shreddies. I personally think its sacrilegious

Sariah said...

Ches read your comment, Al, and said, "Sacriligious?? I LOVE Shreddies and cheese!"

Yes, folks, this weird family that Alyson and I each married into loves Shreddies with Cheez-Whiz.

Could they BE more disgusting?!

Proud Mum said...

Are you kidding me?!? Sheddies and Cheez Whiz?

Never, ever tell my husband. He'll assume that secretly I do it too because it's disgusting and clearly a Canadian tradition. Like the ketchup on the Kraft Dinner --he has to tell everyone (American) that he knows and get their opinion on the disgusting scale.

terrierchica said...

Ketchup on KD? Weirdos...

Actually I love Canadians. I wouldn't have my great sport without Canadians.

Ketchup is the best on carrots.