Monday, July 18, 2005

I Don't Hate Mondays

It is still hot. I can't believe it. But that is not what I want to write about today. Actually, I don't really know what I want to write about because it is still so hot that my brain is literally fried. I can't think of even simple words while talking to Ches.

Today was Ches' day off. I love that he has Mondays off because most people don't, so when we want to go somewhere and do something extra fun, it's not crowded. The rest of the world is working. We get to play. I hate that he doesn't have Saturdays off, however, because most events happen on the weekends. And it is really difficult to find time to go camping. I would like to head out some Friday after noon and return Saturday night so we can still make it to church on Sunday, but that just can't happen. We are pretty good about not doing extra-curricular things on Sundays (one of the few things we are diligent about), so we just don't feel right about going on Sunday night. Maybe we're crazy, I don't know.

Anyrate, Mondays are pretty fun because we get to hang out as a family. Today we went shopping for things we need and looked at things we want. We have picked out a double stroller, now we have to decide if we can really spend that much money. I hope we decide to get it, and I hope we decide soon because it's hard lugging an 2-year-old and a 2-month-old everywhere by myself most days.

Dallin is laughing at everyone and everything now. He looks at strangers, bats his long eyelashes, then giggles and smiles the biggest, widest smile I've ever seen. People at the mall couldn't help but look at him and smile and point him out to others. I get to look at my family and wonder at how beautiful this whole thing is.

Yes, I like Mondays. A lot.

1 comment:

Sariah said...

Nicole -- the 2 yr old (Aiden, who will actually be 3 in just two more months) is wonderful to the baby. He had no interest whatsoever in my pregnancy, but as soon as Dallin arrived Aiden was a natural. He wants to help with everything, is constantly asking to hold Dallin, and loves to talk and sing to Dallin. Dallin loves to lay on the floor and watch his big brother do everything. You can see that they will be good buddies in the future. That said... there are still *hard* things. I'm dealing with post-partum depression right now, Aiden is potty-training, my husband works a lot, and Aiden likes to get in Dallin's face then scream really loud to scare him. It's an adventure! But well worth it. Most people who have 2 close together have told me it is actually easier than having them further apart (I'll take their word for it, though). Good luck!