Thursday, July 28, 2005

Road Trip!

Remember when we were younger (college age, I guess) and the highlight of the semester was a road trip? Everyone would jump in the car and we'd go somewhere unexotic, but have the time of our lives. Mostly, it was just fun to get in the car. Whether we traveled 2 hours or 20 hours, road trips were a blast.

I am about to go on a road trip. Sort of. Ches is going to be a counselor at music camp for a week, and I refuse to stay home by myself, so I'm off to San Diego! Wo-hoo! I'm excited to see both my aunt and my sister and do all sorts of fun things there, but I'm not excited about the driving.

I get to drive with both of my kids. No husband. No DVD player. No bottles for the baby. This will be interesting. I am planning on buying some supplies to make it easier and stocking the car with snacks, drinks, toys, books, crayons, and kid CDs (hello, Wiggles). I'm pretty nervous, though. My friend Laural says that whenever they drive from Utah to Chicago they stop at every single McDonald's with a playground. I'm thinking that's a good plan. I'm going to make good use of any (every??) rest stop and any parks. Aiden will want to run, I know, and Dallin will want to eat. I wish I could just give them sleeping pills and drive the whole day! (Kidding!!!... Mostly)

Any suggestions? I think I need serious mental help.

3 comments:

April_Mommy said...

I left you some ideas on the fishbowl... just thought I would tell you here too in case you don't check it out too often... let us all know how the trip goes!

terrierchica said...

Dude, you THINK you need mental help? We all decided that yeeeaaaarrrs ago...;)

Lura said you guys had fun, and that you have the cutest kids ever.

Alyson said...

You could leave them behind. I don't think thats he best solution but you were all thinking it I'm just saying.

Kidding

How was the trip?