Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Morning Report

I suddenly feel like Zazu in "The Lion King" and I am about to give my morning report. A song is repeating itself over and over in my head now: "This is the morning report/ The long and the short." Anywho...

Last night Ches rented a movie for us to watch. We got the kids in bed a decent time, I put on my pajamas and made some big bowls of ice cream with brownies, chocolate syrup, and chocolate chips (only wish we also had whip cream to go on top), then we sprawled out on the couch and watched "National Treasure". That was a fun movie. I know some people expected more of an Indiana Jones feel to it, but I really liked it. I'm a sucker for American history, and it was fun to see all these historical things (even with all the fiction thrown in there). Big bonus: I don't remember any foul language, and there was no unnecessary sex scenes or innuendos! Yes, there was some violence, but no big bloody battles. Anyrate, we really enjoyed the movie.

It almost felt like we were newlyweds again. We used to go to movies or rent movies all the time. At home we would sit together on the couch, holding hands or cuddling or whatever, share a dessert, and just enjoy each other's company. Through the last seven years we have slowly gotten out of some of those habits. And when you have kids, you are often cuddling with them (rather than your spouse) on the couch. It was fun to have just the two of us, for a few hours anyways.

Aiden woke up at midnight (we had been in bed maybe 15 or 20 minutes) and wanted to sleep with us. We got him back in his bed and asleep, and we were both exhausted! He woke up again half an hour later, and we went through it all again. I think he ended up sleeping with us most of the night. I honestly don't remember how it all went, now. I just knew it was going to be "one of those nights".

Today is park day. If I can ever get Aiden to eat some breakfast, we will head out of here. Aiden is such a social kid. All I have to do is say "Annacy will be at the park" and he eats a good breakfast, sits on the potty, gets dressed, and is ready to go with no whining. He wants to play with his friends all day, every day. I don't really mind. When we have his friends over (or go to their house), not only does Aiden get social interaction, but I do, too. I get to talk to the mommies and I crave that. It's great.

We all need those times to feel like we used to. Between our "date" last night and park day today, I feel like a young, energetic college student again, even though I'm not. Does that even make any sense? I don't know. All I know is that today is starting out really good.

1 comment:

Alyson said...

It is good to be alone with your husband. Isn't it always the way though, the one noght you stay up for your own pleasure, thats the night the kids don't sleep through the night.