Monday, October 03, 2005

Goal Check-In

Thought I'd check in with you guys on the goals I've made. It's nice to have them in print, and it's also nice to have my progress in print. SO...

Goal #3: Aiden is mostly potty-trained now. It's like as soon as I typed it out, he made this decision that he could do it. So he only wears Pull-Ups at night (we'll work on that later), and he almost always tells me when he has to go potty. He has had very few accidents, but he refuses to poop in the potty. He will wait until I put on a Pull-Up and his pajamas. 10 minutes later, he walks up to me and says "Mom, I have to go potty!" Which actually means, "Mom, I just pooped in my pants and would like you to clean me up please." Anyways... good progress here.

Goal #4: I bought a baby book, and once I'm done typing here, I'm going to start writing in it. Yay! Dallin will have a baby book! Oops, that reminds me... I need to update Aiden's one of these days.

Goal #8: Aiden had a really awesome birthday party. Well, maybe not really awesome, but he loved it and that's all that matters. We invited 3 families (a total of 5 kids). The day of the party we bought a Spiderman cake, table cloth, napkins, and plates. I got a "Happy Birthday" banner and some party hats (Aiden got to pick them out. They had different colored balloons on them, and his hat was blue with the words "Happy Birthday!" on it). We had Birthday Party ice cream (vanilla with ribbons of blue frosting and colored candy pieces. It was good) and pepperoni pizza Bagel Bites, as well. The kids all showed up and played in Aiden's room for a while. We then opened presents (score!), then had cake and ice cream. The kids played some more, then went home (it was a school night for two of the older kids, and we couldn't start the party until 7 pm because of marching band rehearsal and Ches' class.). Aiden was very sad when everyone went home ("My party is over?!?!"), but he had a blast. The next morning he woke up, looked at the banner still hanging up and said in a very matter-of-fact yet still sad voice, "It's not my birthday anymore."

Over and out.

3 comments:

Philosophical Karen said...

Hi Sariah, do you always put him on the toilet last thing before going to bed and he still waits? Or is that not part of your nightly routine?

Anyway, it sounds like you're doing really well on those goals. Way to go! Keep it up!

ABQ Mom said...

My almost 3 yr old absolutely will not go poop in his pants but has no problem going potty. If we could only get the two of them together so they could learn from each other!
And thats what cute what Aiden said the next morning after his birthday. Counting down to our 3 yr old party... Heart shaped pancakes ON his birthday. Party on thanksgiving day with grandparents, aunt and uncle from Idaho.

terrierchica said...

Aww...poor Aiden...but he's still got presents coming from me!

I had something else to say...oh yeah! cake ice cream. I had that once. it confused my taste buds.