Saturday, July 29, 2006

News

Mr. Universe got a job offer!!!!

That's right folks, we won't be jobless and homeless and starving in a month. Yay! He will be teaching at a middle school not too far from where we will be living, so it's a nice commute. He will only be teaching band (no guitar, strings, choir, general music, or music appreciation!!). There are some really good numbers to the bands already, so he's pretty excited. Oh, and the best part (besides that he is employed, of course!!) is because it's middle school, he will not have marching band. Because we are moving and I'm having the baby, I will not have marching band. This will be wierd!! No Friday nights taken up. We actually have every Saturday in October free. No marching band camp. No extra rehearsals after school. No pep band (no basketball band, either!!). I will actually SEE my husband. I won't be the band widow. It's gonna be so wierd!! I think we'll both miss marching band, but it will be nice to take a year off. Then next year, we're both hoping to get on with some high schools in the area, and it'll be back to no family life each fall.

Okay, I wrote more than I was going to, but I knew that everyone has been praying for us and thinking of us and worrying for us. Thank you all for the support and prayers! We are very happy right now. Yay!!

10 comments:

Proud Mum said...

Your endless patience and optimism is such an inspiration to me. I have so much to learn.

SO SO SO SO SO happy for you!!! HOORAY!

Kris said...

That's SO awesome! I am so excited for you and Mr. Wonderful...Ya-Hoo!

K.

Philosophical Karen said...

Mr. Universe is employed and the world is wonderful for you again! Congratulations! Enjoy your year off. You never know when it might happen again.

FeatherSky said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! How exciting! Having a fall off to enjoy the new city will be fun. I'll bet there's a lot to go and do there this fall!

April_Mommy said...

YAY! Gainful employment! i am so proud of you guys, congratulations!

ABQ Mom said...

How wonderful! Congratulations! A year off from marching band is just what you need right now with the new baby due in the fall. Yay!

Allrie said...

Congrats again! And no marching band will this Sept birthday! And no brother's wedding when you are 9 months pg. Can it get any better?
Enjoy the year off, I agree, you never know when it may happen again!

Stefanie said...

Congratulations on the job. I'm so excited for you guys! I hope all goes well and that your move goes smoothly.

Sariah said...

Congratulations! Jobs are good. *thumbs up* :D

Kenyon said...

Congratulations! Does this mean I get my rifle back? We are very happy for you! Now we can come stay with you when we job hunt in four years!