Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Shut In

The younglings and Mr. Universe have been sick. Luckily, I have not. I don't know how much more I can take of this, though! All day long I am dealing with runny noses and scary sounding coughs. Dallin is just plain miserable. Parker sounds like he can't breathe half the time. Aiden is actually doing well, now anyways. Ches has had a sore throat for what seems like forever, and he's just miserable most of the time, too.

At night, the kids wake up coughing and crying. Actually, more like screaming. I get up with them and calm them down, and put them back to sleep. They never wake up at the same time. That is both a good thing and a bad thing. The good part is that they aren't waking each other up, and I'm able to take care of whoever it is that wakes up without distraction. The bad part is that as soon as I get one kid back to sleep, another one wakes up.

I'm so tired of runny noses. I'm so tired of being puked on by kids who are coughing and crying so much all that's left for them to do is gag. I'm tired of kids being on a weird sleep schedule.

I'm just tired!!

When will it end?? They aren't sick enough to stay in bed and get better, but they are sick enough to have short tempers and be really needy and clingy.

At least I haven't caught anything. Yet. When I am sick, who will take care of me? No one. I'll still have to run the household (even if I already do a bad job of it!) and take care of the kids. Oh, well. Isn't this the life of a mother?

4 comments:

April_Mommy said...

Awe sariah! I am sorry that everyone is under the weather, I hope you are all back on your feet and sleeping normally soon!

ABQ Mom said...

Oh man. I'm so sorry. Sickness is the worst! I hope everyone is better soon and I hope for everyone's sake it passes you by!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a time for Grandma--I wish I could come help take care of you. Does Ches like the taste of black licorice? The anise throat discs my Grandma gave me are still being made, tho hard to find, but I highly recommend them for coughs, especially those connected to colds.

Just keep washing those sheets. Eventually everyone will get well. Then you may collapse!

fourth_fret said...

OH NO! YOU ALL HAVE COLD LEPROSY!

heh. i don't know why but anytime something is wrong... a cold, a smashed tonail, a pimple... i always say it's leprosy. which is not funny, except that... to me it is. and let's be honest, that's what counts.

:P

hope everyone feels better soon.