Tuesday, December 12, 2006

World Class High Jumping

Last night was our ward Christmas party and talent show. Ches played a trumpet duet of several Christmas tunes (and they sounded awesome... even with Ches being so sick he looked like he was going to pass out!). There were several piano players, other instrumentalists, and a few singers. One family sang "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer", and another family did a little choreography to some music to lead up to all of them doing backflips. It was a great time.

And then there was Aiden. Aiden insisted I sign him up for the talent show, so I did. When it was his turn, he went on stage and I went to the mic to introduce him:

"When we were still living in Reno, Aiden's primary class had apparantly been learning about talents. When we got home from church that Sunday, we asked Aiden what his talents were, and he said, 'I'm really good at jumping.' Once he heard about tonight's talent show, he wanted to participate. We asked him what he wanted to do, and here he is. This is Aiden jumping really, really high!"

Aiden then crouched down, then jumped up. The audience went nuts! They clapped and cheered so loudly for him. Aiden had the biggest grin on his face and gave me a thumbs up, so of course I had to return it. Returning to our seat, lots of people stuck out their hands to Aiden for a high five. After the talent show, several people came to him and said, "You are such a good jumper, Aiden!"and then turned to Ches or me to tell us just how cute he is.

I'm very proud of my son for being able to get up in front of a very large group of people to share his talents. And yes, I think he is an awesome jumper, too!

6 comments:

Zen Mama said...

Jumping is not the only talent he displayed. I am in awe -- how cute is he?!?!?

fourth_fret said...

it's the ability to not be intimidated by a crowd of people that gets my applause. that serious contemplation for a jumper, you know?

Philosophical Karen said...

Self-confidence is one of the greatest gifts a child can have. Give Aiden a big high five from me. (Make him jump high for it -- I know he can!)

Allrie said...

Yay, Aiden! I'm glad hewas willing to share his talent.

Lura said...

I have such a cool nephew! I'm glad he's proud of his talents.

ABQ Mom said...

I'm so proud of him that he didn't get scared. Will wouldn't have even gone on the stage! Good on Aiden!