Thursday, December 14, 2006

We've Got Ghosts!

A few weeks ago we went to the LDS Temple to see all the beautiful Christmas lights and to hear the outdoor concert of the evening (that night was a "flute choir", although I personally don't consider four flutists with no alto or bass flute a flute choir, but maybe that's just me. Oh, and they were sitting and playing. Since when do flute choirs sit and play? Sorry for the ramble.). Here is a good shot of the temple. Ches was trying to take a picture of Dallin, but then Aiden jumped on Ches' arm, and we got this crappy shot instead.

However, do you see that wierd white ball looking thingy? (Click on the picture to make it bigger so you can actually see what I'm talking about. Trust me.) It's a ghost!! Anytime on TV there are ghost hunters, on of the things they use as "evidence" is taking pictures and when there is an "orb" (and this is a really good orb here), they say it is a ghost. However, we were at the Temple, and since it is such a sacred place, I'm going to say it's an angel. Ha.

I don't know if I really believe that you can take pictures of ghosts or spirits. I do believe in ghosts, though. Anyway, I just thought the picture turned out kind of interesting. What do you think?? (Oh, and it is obvious that it's not a Christmas light because there aren't any right there and it's not a relflection of any, either. At least I don't think so.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you might not want to hear this, but it's a common phenomenon we learned about in photography class. It's called a "digital orb" and it's caused by dust. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I don't know anything about orbs, but the look on the face of the lady at the bottom of the photo is hysterical!! :)

(PS--I got your Xmas card today!!! THANK YOU!!! I loved reading it!)

Allrie said...

Interesting that it is a known photographic thing, yet used by "ghost hunters."

fourth_fret said...

i don't have an opinion either way but i'm in agreement about the woman at the bottom of the photo.

made me giggle.