Monday, December 11, 2006

To The Motherland

I have made a decision. We're moving to England. I just want to, okay? I found several good reasons for doing it:

*England has so much more history than the US does. I mean, "old" here is anything more than 100 years old. In Europe, that's still very new. There old is like, 500 years or more.
*The general architecture is different there, and I find it so appealing.
*Very low taxes.
*Very low unemployment rate.
*Lower crime rate.
*Free health care (although I know it's not really free. It's more like socialized medicine or something).
*Tons of culture. Especially if we leave in or near London (which is what I want).
*Travel to other parts of Europe is less expensive and very accessable.
*More tolerance for people of other races and cultures.

And the most important reason we're moving to England...
Because I want to.

Now, if I can only convince Ches...

6 comments:

Zen Mama said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Proud Mum said...

... and find a job and get the paperwork.

Good luck! I hope your move to the Motherland turns out to be everything you imagined! :-)

terrierchica said...

Well, I agree and disagree with some of your sentiments. Like, for example, it's EXTREMELY expensive to live in London. And tolerance to other cultures isn't exactly a priority to the English. However, even if you don't move there, feel free to visit me when I'm in grad school at Oxford. :)

And you were right, your avatar does make more sense now.

FeatherSky said...

We visited London a few years ago. I would NEVER ---EVER--- want to live there. I could live in Scotland, but not in a busy city!!! I'm so lost in big cities!!

Good Luck!! :)

Philosophical Karen said...

Food and gasoline and electronic gadgets are extremely expensive. Travel to other parts of Europe may be cheap, but travel within England is NOT. I'm not sure about the personal taxes being low or not, but if they are low, it's because a high tax rate is built into the cost of every product you buy. Ever hear of V.A.T.?

Taxes don't get much lower than the U.S., by the way. Don't move to Europe for lower taxes!

Lura said...

London is the first city I was ever in that I liked. I'd totally visit you. Actually, can I just come with you? I still want to live there too.