Friday, December 01, 2006

What I'm Doing Right Now

I should be in bed, asleep. But I'm not. Instead, I'm sitting here, wasting time at the computer as I wait for the dryer to finish drying the blankets. I will then switch the load of darks from the washer into the dryer, and put a load of whites into the washer.

I'm sitting here at the computer, eating from a bag of chocolate chips, and listening to the song "Blue Moon" that is on the movie "Gross Anatomy" on the TV in my bedroom, across the hall from where I am sitting. Mr. Universe put the movie on, the turned on the sleep timer on the TV. Sure enough, he's totally out, but the movie is still going.

It's 10:58 pm, and I'm sitting here at the computer with a slight headache, wondering why Aiden is still awake. At least he's in bed now. Dallin went to bed hours and hours ago. He would. He woke up at 6 am. I didn't get up until 7. Thank goodness for a Wiggles DVD. Dallin took a nap in the morning, from 9:30 until noon. Usually he naps about 2 pm., so going to sleep before 7 pm wasn't a big shocker. I fell asleep on the couch this evening, cuddling with Parker, about 5 pm, and didn't wake up until after 8. Wow, that nap felt good! But now it's 11:01 pm and I'm not really all that tired. So it'll take me forever to go to sleep, I'll have a hard time waking up again in the morning, I'll be super tired all day and probably take a long nap and a wierd time, and will not be able to go to sleep tomorrow night until really stinkin' late. It's a vicious cycle.

At least I know that I'm not completely wasting my time because I have to get this laundry done. I need clean underwear for tomorrow, so this load of whites has to get in the dryer tonight. I would have done it sooner, but Mr. Universe was being an awesome husband by doing some laundry himself. He didn't realize, however, that I needed a load of whites done. Oh well.

And that is what I'm doing right now. Bet you're excited to have read this ery interesting post, huh?

4 comments:

Proud Mum said...

Been there! (Except for the not being able to sleep part, that's really rare for me -- but then, well, you know.)

Kris said...

You sound like me last night...how late is too late to put in the laundry when the spin cycle shakes my house like an 8.0 earthquake...LOL?!

K.

Philosophical Karen said...

Wow, your life sounds sort of like mine. Only without two extra kids. Or something.

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

You lost my attention after you mentioned the bag of chocolate chips. I couldn't focus on anything else after that! .... well, except that your Mr. Universe does laundry. My husband doesn't know how to work most of the household appliances. Except the t.v. of course!