Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Case of the Missing Three Year Old

Two nights ago, Aiden was in bed (after successfully going through his Bedtime checklist, of course), and Ches and I were in our room getting ready for bed. We noticed it had gotten really quiet, so we were complimenting ourselves on being able to get Aiden to bed on his own and to sleep so quickly. Ches decided to go check on him and make sure he wasn't half falling out of bed (which is a common occurance for Aiden).

Ches called me into the room and said, "You gotta see this!" I entered the room. Aiden wasn't in his bed! Where was he? I thought perhaps he joined Dallin in the crib and fell asleep, but no. Only Dallin was in the crib. Where could he be? I didn't hear the front door open. There was no one in the living room or kitchen. I almost started to panic, when I turned and saw this little face, peering out from the big bin of stuffed animals in between Aiden's bed and the crib.

Aiden had climbed in with the stuffed animals, covered himself with his giant alligator, and fallen asleep. Too bad our camera is broken. I really wanted to show you guys what a goof my child is!

8 comments:

fourth_fret said...

ACK! E.T. flasback! E.T. flashback!

what's his stuffed alligator's name? (no, i don't know why these are the questions that arise... they just are.)

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

awwww! cute. Get that camera fixed! They are only cute for such a limited time. They they just get annoying ;-)

ABQ Mom said...

That would have been a sight to see. You really need to get that camera fixed! or at least get some more film for your camera, at least then its just a little delayed. :-)
Will has fallen asleep in his chair while looking at books, or he's also fallen asleep (during a nap) on the floor UNDER his bed!

Proud Mum said...

I would have loved to see that! how funny. What great stories to share with his wife and children!

Philosophical Karen said...

Ben still likes to hide in the deck box with the cushions for the outdoor chairs. He's never fallen asleep in there though. Luckily the way he's growing he probably won't be doing it for much longer...

Jen said...

That is so sweet! I wonder if I could find a pile of stuffed animals to sleep in because that's sounds like a great place to catch some Z's!

April_Mommy said...

so cute! My five year old sleeps under her bed as a common occurance... but there was this one time that she was found asleep in the living room... under a pile of blankets, over the heater vent. It took us a while to find her that time :-)

fourth_fret said...

if somebody doesn't tell me the alligator's name, i'm going to take my ball and go home! :D