Monday, December 19, 2005

Sunday

Ches woke me up by opening the blinds in our bedroom. It took me a minute to figure out what he was doing. I was thinking, "Why in the world is he opening the blinds?? I'm not dressed yet." Then I looked outside.

It had snowed! It was all white and beautiful out. I got a huge smile on my face, and Ches just kind of laughed at me, then he closed the blinds (it was too bright, and I'm not a morning person. Sorry.).

When Aiden woke up we went into his room, opened the blinds, and said, "Aiden, look outside."

He sat up, looked out the window, then jumped up as he exclaimed "It's Christmas!!!" He was soooo excited! Too bad he has to wait another week.

It was raining by the time we left for church, and most of the snow is gone now. It was fun too look at for a while, though.

Last Christmas, Aiden received a beautiful vest from Aunt Marisa and Peter from their trip to Turkey. Aiden wore the vest to church yesterday, and looked so handsome and festive! I called him my little gypsy boy. Dallin got to wear another vest that Aiden received from a trip Aunt Marisa and Peter made to Hungary. I only have a picture of Aiden in his Turkish vest from last year, so that's all I can show you for right now. However, both boys looked so great! I love them in their little "ethnic" clothes.

7 comments:

ABQ Mom said...

You're the fourth person I've heard in the past two days that has gotten snow. Gotta say I'm a little jealous. But I also worry that it will delay my parents' visit. They're leaving wednesday to come down here for christmas.

terrierchica said...

awwwwwww

Allrie said...

Aiden looks so golden, but toooo cute!

fourth_fret said...

too bad your blog doesn't allow anonymous comments because i have it on good authority God tried to post, "you're welcome for the snow" but got rejected.

it's not nice to reject God's anonymous posts. heh

i love that you call aiden your little gypsy boy. so cute.

oh, oh yeah... so um, what stupid things do you say to celebrities? ... wait, you've written about this before, haven't you? ima go look. :P

Philosophical Karen said...

Very sweet. Enjoy it while it lasts. After a while, they get their own ideas about clothes.

FeatherSky said...

I love snow for a couple days, but then its just too cold. I definitely love Alabama winters :)

Proud Mum said...

I love this photo of Aiden in his vest. My little guy got a Russian shirt for Christmas, which is also cute, but I'll confess that I really really really love that vest. (ps: you can see the shirt on flickr.)