Thursday, April 06, 2006

More!!

Dallin has finally caught on to some sign language!! Much rejoicing and dancing. He can now sign "more". We've only been working on it since he was 6 months old. Hmph.

Anyrate, we're really pleased. At dinner, he now signs for more rather than screaming. Oh! The joy this brings me! Now we can move on and maybe he'll start doing more signs. I can't remember what we did next with Aiden, but it'll probably be more more food signs. Maybe "eat" or "drink". Dallin can start drinking real milk in a few weeks, so maybe we'll push "milk".

Aiden picked up sign really quickly and used it all the time. He doesn't anymore, but I'm hoping we all get back into it more now that Dallin has started. Of course, we sign just about all the time with simple words, trying to get Dallin to pick up on something. "More" was our first big word, and I'm just so happy he finally got it!


Our camera is in the shop, so I don't have pictures of Dallin signing. Instead, you get to see Aiden signing "cold" after a bath when he was 16 months old. I have to say, my kids are so adorable (and no, I'm not at all biased!!)

3 comments:

ABQ Mom said...

Great Job Dallin! Thats wonderful

Proud Mum said...

That's exciting! Little Red was much older before he caught on to the whole language/sign/communication thing. Good for you and yay for Dallin!

Allrie said...

What a clever idea--the signing. I thought so when first I heard about it from you with Aiden.

Huzzah! Dallin!
Why didn't my generation do that? I did it in the classroom...