Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Backyard


For those of you who have seen what my backyard looked like when we moved in, I wanted to show off what a little grass can do. I tried to find the picture of the backyard as it looked, but I guess we got rid of it. You only get the "after" shot. Sorry. I was also mainly testing out our new camera tripod. We just got it on Friday, and I love having it!!

We planted seed and faithfully watered everyday. We chased birds out of the yard because they were eating the seed. After only a week we saw green start to sprout up out of the ground. This picture is about 2 1/2 weeks after the initial seeding. You can see we left the some big areas surrounding the grass unseeded. I'm not quite sure what we are going to do with it yet. Our main concern was to get in some grass for the boys to play on. I want to plant some flowers and stuff, but we'll see. I also want to put in a firepit. I think we could have a lot of fun with that.

I love it! Now my boys have a grassy area to play in. They love it! Now Ches has something to mow. I'm not sure that he loves that, but you do what ya gotta do.

5 comments:

Kris said...

You have a palm tree in your backyard...I want to live where you live. *sigh*

K.

Philosophical Karen said...

Nice grass. No weeds. I would like nice grass with no weeds, but I have given up on the idea. It would help to live somewhere without a lawn-watering ban, but that's another story.

Proud Mum said...

Nice work, that grass looks so lush! I bet Mitch and Heather will really appreciate all the work you guys are doing around the yard!

I'd really like to thread my toes through that grass and let Little Red run free-range for a little bit.

Lura said...

That looks great! I love grassy yards. I'm so glad the boys have grass to play in. (Though if either of them is anything like Jago, they'll go for the dirt you left and play in that instead.)

Allrie said...

Looks great! Did you ever harvest any of the dates from your palm? I wanted to while I was there, but never seemed to get around to it. How's the citrus doing?

Aiden and I helped on this project too, you know! We did pick up a whole lot of last years tree falls. I'd meant to bring a few home for the apothecary shop, but forgit. Darn.

But the yard looks great, and I bet it is much more attractive to the boys as well.