Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Millions of Fingers! Millions of Thumbs!

This month is Drum Month. I don't know why, or who says, except that on my newsletter from Cool Mom Picks it said November is Drum Month. So...

Dust off your Remo heads, my friends, and beat the heck out of something! When changing the tire on your vehicle, compare tightening the lugnuts to tightening the screws on a drum rather than the other way around. Dig out the cool black t-shirt that says Zildjian on it. Talk about the advances in musicianship that Ringo Starr brought to the Beatles through his visionary rhythms. Have a debate on whether there is a difference in sound quality when using traditional grip or match grip. Carry a stick bag on your shoulder, or just have a couple of sticks in the back pocket of your jeans. Find your felt and yarn and have a mallet wrapping party. There are so many things you can do during drum month.

Dum ditty dum ditty dum dum dum.

5 comments:

April_Mommy said...

I will have to go dig out my Rix Stix :-)

Proud Mum said...

I had no idea! That's very cool. I'm going to dig out the tongue drum, the bongos, and some sticks this afternoon. Thanks for letting us know!

hmmmm, I wonder if Paul will carry his stick bag around to his business meetings?

ABQ Mom said...

Hee hee. That's too funny. I don't have anything from my percussion days, other than some cd's from some RixStix concerts I performed in. Maybe I'll pull them out and have a listen.

Philosophical Karen said...

All I can think of right now is the book Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb and that funny monkey on the cover.

Laural said...

does beating on our kids count...because they are using my drumsticks to beat on things throughout this house that isn't ours? Just wondering.