Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Amazing Race

So, who watched the Amazing Race last night? What did you think?

I have heard that it wasn't going to be as exciting, that it would be a total bomb, etc. I don't think that's the case. Well, it wasn't as exciting as the normal Race, but it was still good. I thought it pretty cool that they didn't rush them off to an airport in the first 30 seconds. Instead they got to do cool stuff here in the States. That's rare. And there is a lot of cool stuff to do in this country, too. I'm excited to see what some of these people do in other countries, however.

Was anyone else disappointed that only ONE contestant recognized Kevin and Drew (from season one) at the hot dog stand??? As soon as they showed these guys, I got a little giddy. They are so hilarious! I'm seriously thinking of buying the DVDs to season one just so I can watch them again. Any rate, I don't think these people desearve to be on the show if they didn't recognize Kevin and Drew! They are so classic! Moving on...

I was quite disappointed with the Black family being the first eliminated. They are such a cute family! So very loving, they really knew how to work as a team. It was the most heartbreaking thing to watch them get eliminated. Those two little boys were being so tough, but you could see they were so disappointed and just wanted to cry. It's going to be hard to watch the teams with kids get eliminated.

I don't like the Weaver family. I think it was them. The ones with the little girl and the little boy, and they all run marathons and 5Ks, or whatever. Those kids are so cocky and obnoxious. It's good to have confidence in yourself, but you don't have to be snooty about it. I think the parents are teaching the kids some wrong attitudes. Of course, they were awefully nice to help out the other teams with their tents. (Not that these were hard tents to put up, mind you. They were even color coded! Whatever! Yes, we are campers.) Besides, I decided that I don't want this team to win because they are already wealthy (did you catch them talking about how much traveling they have done not only across the US, but all over the world? Jeez, most people can't afford to do that all the time with their kids.), and the million dollars isn't going to enrich their lives in any way. Yes, that is the poor girl in me being bitter.

Okay, so give me your thoughts. I love this show, and have been watching it since the very first episode! It's fun to talk about, too. At least for me.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for talking about it. I really wanted to watch it but I was busy wallpaper-ing. (is that a word?)

I also loved watching the show called Supernatural. That was awesome!

Oh, and the premier for CSI which was good but I think they should have Quentin Tarantino direct every episode. His finale for last season when Eric got buried alive was incredible!

But I wouldn't know because I don't watch a lot of TV, can you tell?

ABQ Mom said...

We didn't watch it last night, sorry to disappoint you Sariah. And you are obviously a much bigger fan than we are. We have only watched the last few seasons. I agree with you Jennifer Tarantino should direct ever episode of CSI I loved that last season finale. Right now I am really into Lost on ABQ. anyone else? Love it! I even rented the last few episodes on DVD so I could be all caught up for this season and of course watch the behind the scenes info. Is that anyone elses favorite part of DVD's?