Thursday, September 29, 2005

TV

For some reason, I feel it necessary to talk about my TV schedule. I don't know why. I wish I was more like Karen when she said she doesn't watch TV. You're so cool. I'm so addicted, it's not even funny. Ches and I haven't really been adding in new shows (we are just too busy), and have actually been cutting out some shows, so that's good. Anyrate, here it goes:

Sunday: America's Funniest Videos -- or as Aiden calls it "Funny videos". I mostly like to watch it because I like to see Ches laugh that hard. Good times.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition -- These guys have the coolest job in the world. To seriously make people happy by giving them something that just couldn't have on their own. I cry in every stinkin' episode.
Desperate Housewives -- Initially, I thought this would be stupid and make us SAHMs look bad, but I watched the first episode, and I'm hooked. It's pretty hilarious.

Monday: 7th Heaven -- I didn't used to watch this, but I needed something last year when Ches was in class until forever late and I was pregnant (read: laying on the couch trying not to throw up) and waiting for Everybody Loves Raymond. It's a soap opera for Christian families.:)
CSI: Miami -- Okay, this is actually a show that we're dropping. Still love it, but I'm too tired at 10 pm to watch an hour program. So we're not cathcing it this year.

Tuesday: Amazing Race -- I think you all know how much I love this show, so I won't say more (except seriously, if you don't watch it, you should. LOVE it!)
NCIS -- It's just CSI in the Navy. And the characters crack me up.

Wednesday: The Apprentice: Martha Stewert -- Hey, didn't I tell you I was addicted to reality shows? So far, her tasks appeal to me a lot more than the Donald's does.
Lost -- Okay, greatest drama ever! Well, maybe not ever, but still. We started watching this one because of Dominick Monahan (yes, I'm sure I spelled that completely wrong. I just don't feel like looking it up right now). We loved him in The Lord of the Rings. Then wefell in love with this show. I kept saying that once season one came out on DVD we were going to have a "Lost Party" where we watch it all at once. Maybe catch some stuff we had missed, that sort of thing. I hate waiting in between each episode because I have so many questions. I haven't had the party yet, and so far this season is just giving me even more questions than before. I'm hooked.

Thursday: Survivor -- Another show that we've watched from the first season. Well, we quit watching part way through Africa because that was a horrible season, but otherwise we've seen them all. My favorite season is still Australia. The game is really the same, and you can expect pretty much the same stuff happening, so I'm not so addicted like I used to be, but I don't want to miss an episode.
CSI -- Thanks to Kenyon and Emily, we started watching this show when we lived in Arizona. I agree with Jen... Tarantino directed the most awesome episode last season with Nick being buried alive. I was on pins and needles the whole time. My other favorite CSI moment is the episode that starts off like any other, Grissom says his little punny line, the music starts, THEN his cell phone rings, the music screeches to a halt, Grissom looks confused and answers his phone, and they are called to another crime scene where they do it all over again. We could not stop laughing!

Friday: Battlestar Galactica -- This is really Ches' show, and we didn't realize the second season had begun, and now it's already over. So we caught maybe 2 episodes. Oh well. Reruns.

Saturday: Uuuuuummmmmm, I don't think we have a show! Wow! We are usually doing something, or we watch a movie.

So, there you have it. We are huge TV watchers. They need a 12 step program for people like me. I haven't even begun to tell you about all the shows I watch when I'm just flipping through the channels and catch them at wierd times of the day: Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, Laguna Beach, My Super Sweet 16, Real World, Punk'd, Surreal Life, Filthy Rich Cattle Drive, America's Next Top Model, Oprah, Dr. Phil, Everybody Loves Raymond, Yes Dear, Friends, Dharma and Greg, Mythbusters, Most Haunted Places, Days of our Lives, the real estate show (that shows houses in our area for sale), I Love the 90's (or 80's, o 70's...), Double Agents, Iron Chef, Made in America...

Now I'm totally embarrassing myself, and I'm going to stop. i can't believe I'm actually going to publish this!

11 comments:

Kris said...

I wish I had time to watch tv these days...my life has just exploded and I feel like I am going nuts half the time. It's a good kind of nuts though. Maybe you could keep me up to date on Amazing Race? *wink*

K.

Proud Mum said...

I think it's so interesting that the only show you and I both watch is "Lost." Isn't it funny how people can have such different interests?

Paul started watching Lost while I was putting the baby to bed, or doing laundry, or at YW. When I finally agreed to watch it (I thought it looked like it was probably stupid) I loved it and we watch it quite regularly now.

ABQ Mom said...

Sunday: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and Desparate Housewives
Monday: Las Vegas and Medium
Tuesday: House M.D. (sorry we're trying to cut back on our reality shows, no more Amazing Race)
Wednesday: Lost
Thursday: CSI and E.R.
Friday: ?? Not sure yet. Inconceiveable definitely has possibilities. It was Joan of Arcadia.
Saturday: just movies

Lucky me though I'm on mtn time so all my tv watching is over by 10pm when the news starts.
Watches Lost last night, every time it went to commercial Shane and I would glance up at the clock to see how much time is left and how much more they can cover. Afterwards I immediately went and looked up their website and was up till 11pm reading Lost comment boards and everyones thoughts on possible plots, storylines etc. www.oceanicflight815.com.

Philosophical Karen said...

Well, I used to watch TV, just not much anymore. You listed Iron Chef in your list. I'm pretty sure I've seen every one of those. I used to watch Trading Spaces (though I prefer the British original Changing Rooms), until it "jumped the shark." Also What Not to Wear (American and British versions).

I read in one of my son's magazines that there is a "new" show called Night Stalker about a reporter in Chicago named Kolchak who investigates strange events linked to the supernatural. They didn't even mention that it's a remake of a show called Kolchak: The Night Stalker that I used to watch when I was my son's age! I have to find out when that is on and see if it's anything like the original.

fourth_fret said...

i hate "lost". with a passion. I want to drown it's kittens. and yet, i watch it every stinkin' wednesday.

i don't think they know where they're going with it. when we finally discover what's going on, i anticipate a huge letdown. but i'll be there... hating it with every fiber of my being! grrrrrrr

i watch football. 'cause i'm a tough chick and stuff. actually, growing up in OK, i don't think you're allowed to not like football.

April_Mommy said...

Sariah, you need to get rid of the cable! Perhaps they actually do have a 12 step program for TV watchers anon :-) Actually, I would probably watch a lot more if we got the channels! I get ABC and PBS. How is that for sad?

FeatherSky said...

I generally don't watch much TV. There's a couple shows I don't mind watching, but I don't have any shows that I'd pine over if I missed. I like the evening world news (not local news) and news shows like 20/20 and Dateline. If I've ever got time I'd rather be in a book :)

FeatherSky said...

Please don't burn my car or shave my cat(err...turtle), but I don't like the show LOST. I've only seen several episodes, and I spent more time mocking it than watching it.
I've got too much wilderness survival experience with people who know nothing about the wilderness. The characters don't act even slightly realistic to how people put into a survival situation would act.
See? This is the reason I can't watch TV... :)

terrierchica said...

Monday: Red Sox
Tuesday: Red Sox
Wednesday:Red Sox
Thursday: Red Sox
Friday: Red Sox
Saturday:Red Sox
Sunday: Red Sox

Yeah...sometimes I miss games, but that's not too frequently. Right now I'm watching a movie (The Phenomonem and I know I spelled that wrong. Its one of my favourite movies ever!)
I like to go to the movies ever week or 2. But not much tv.

Philosophical Karen said...

Feathersky, maybe you could write an interesting blog entry about how people in survival situations act compared to what they show on "Lost"? Your comment has made me curious! (I will post this same suggestion in a couple of places so you will be sure to see it -- others, please bear with me. I really want to read about this.)

Lura said...

Ok, so I know that this is an older post, but I'm just reading the ones I missed before. And I have a funny story to tell you. My friend, Rebecca, got to spend some time in Russia this past summer. She spent a couple of weeks in a tiny little town in the extreme east of Russia, and then went to visit Moscow and St. Petersburg. Anyway, she was in Moscow, and was walking across a square and she saw this guy who was staring at her. She'd been having a bad time of it that day and did not want to mess with some Russian guy coming over to talk to her, so she just glared at him until they passed each other. Of course, she noticed that he looked vaguely familiar, kind of like Dominick Monahan, but she didn't really think about it until after they'd passed each other and she realized she was no longer in a remote little town, and it probably WAS Dominick Monahan, and he's been looking at her because it was kind of obvious that she's American and he probably expected her to say something to him. Anyway, she felt like a complete idiot after that, as she's a big fan of his.