Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Update on Erica

Well, Erica went to the ER and had just about every test known to mankind done to her. It turns out she is fine. She has bruised ribs and a bruised elbow bone, but nothing is broken. I'm sure it hurts like nothing else, but she will heal. Hopefully quickly. I know she loves hockey and doesn't want to miss out on any of the season.

The nicest thing that happened is kind of a strange connection. When my mom called, they were trying to get ahold of some friends in Boston, but lost the number. Erica was alone. Mom was freaking out (very understandable). My best friend, Laural (she's the one that pretty much got Ches and me together. She is Ches' best friend from college) has an older sister in the Boston area. Through many phone calls (getting numbers and cell phone numbers), Mom was able to talk to Laural's sister and brother-in-law (BIL happened to pop home for 10 minutes... the exact time Mom called. What a blessing!). Laural had talked to her sister and before she could even get the whole story out, the sister said "Where do I need to go? What do I need to do?" These perfect strangers were willing to drop everything to take care of my sister. They were so nice to Mom on the phone and offered any help. The BIL was able to find the lost phone number within minutes (connections at church! So great!). Thank you Danalee and Gene! You were just wonderful.

4 comments:

Alyson said...

Isn't it great when six degrees of separation work in our favor. What a network we have in the church.

Philosophical Karen said...

I'm so glad Erica is okay and someone is there for her.

terrierchica said...

Wow. You had like 2 posts all about me. Cool. My arm hurts. At some point I'll update my blog.

Alyson said...

great to see your back Erica