Thursday, September 29, 2005

Special Day!

Happy 3rd birthday, Aiden!

Three years ago, I was laying in a hospital bed, numb from the waist down, recovering from surgery. I had the cutest little red-headed baby boy! We didn't know what we were having, so it was a good surprise. We also didn't have a name. The day before, I said that we should pick the name Aiden because I looked it up and it means "fiery". I had this hyperactive child inside of me, and I knew that was so descriptive of the baby. When he came out with red hair, that just clinched it for me. Ches and I talked it over, and he agreed with me. Aiden it is.

From the first moment, Aiden would bring his head up and look around at the world. I really don't know how much he could see, but his head was definitely up. He was curious from the start.

Here we are, three years later. Aiden is hanging off my arm at this moment saying, "Aiden! That's my name! You typing about my birthday? I'm three! You want to type Spiderman?" He has a one track mind.

And now, we are off to buy party hats and a Spiderman cake for tonight. I love birthdays, and having a three year old birthday is really fun (so far!).

2 comments:

ABQ Mom said...

Cool that Aiden means fiery and he was born with red hair! I'm looking forward to our little boys 3rd birthday in just two months.

Philosophical Karen said...

Hey Sariah, keep an eye on him. It sounds like he's almost ready to read.