Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Goals

I've decided (just now) that New Year's is not the time for making new resolutions (goals, really). You get stuck in the Winter Blah's and never complete a thing. Since this is My Universe and all, my new rule is to make all resolutions (goals) whenever I darn well please, and to put an expiration date on it (that's when I have to get it done by). Here goes:

1. Lose 15 pounds. Is Christmas too soon to have that done by?
2. Do Pilates every day of the week (except Sundays, days where I'm at a marching band competition all stinkin' day long, or days where I'm majorly PMSing. Of course, on those days I don't have to do anything but eat chocolate and lay in bed. Ha.) No expiration date.
3. Get Aiden potty-trained. Thanksgiving.
4. Start Dallin's baby book. November 1st.
5. Try one new recipe a week. No expiration date.
6. Make really yummy smoothies. Next week.
7. Read the book I just bought for Ches about getting out of debt, then (start to) put into practice everything I have learned. Next week.
8. Throw a really awesome birthday party for Aiden. Next week.
9. Learn some cake decorating skills. Christmas.
10. Finish the datebase I started a couple of years ago of all our CDs by title, artist, and genre. Do the same for our DVDs. Thanksgiving.

That's a good start.

10 comments:

Alyson said...

You are thinking american thanksgiving right? Because Canadian is the 10th of October. Thanks for the Blocks I got them yesterday. Your pretty funny. "Love To Blog"

terrierchica said...

You do pilates?

Interesting....

fourth_fret said...

pilates rocks my face off. and it's really helped my back too. cah-razy!

i think ditching the traditional "resolution" day is a good idea. do you journal? i mean... like on paper and stuff. every time i start a new habit, i try to journal about it as i adjust to making it my own... it seems to help me stick to it. just a suggestion.

and you forgot starting a snail collection. that's important. ;)

Alyson said...

Pilates does rock. I just get board easily. It totaly works. After I had little E I couldn't get out of bed without rolling (falling) out or grabbing the matress to pull myself up.

I did it for one month and I could out crunch and situp a lot of people, but I have a short attention span plus everytime I hit the floor my kids would sit on my head. Needless to say I don't do it much anymore, but I am thinking of starting again. I have recently injured my back and the tapes I watched had modified movement for the weak or injured.

Sariah said...

Yes Al, American Thanksgiving. Because of marching band I don't think I'm going to have time to breathe in October much less complete any goals.

Erica, I LOVE Pilates! I see results quickly, and I really want a flatter tummy and tighter butt. Plus I'd just like to be more flexible for all the choreography I have to do.

Fourth Fret, yes, I do journal. Not very consistantly anymore, and it tends to be all my depressive writings, which I'm trying to stay away from. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I'm going to put it into practice.

How could I forget the snails? Oh, right. I think it's the wrong season. That's better started in March or April. I'll get that one next time.

ABQ Mom said...

15 pounds by christmas is not unimaginable. I have to same goal. Its only 5 pounds/month. EASY! Right?

Philosophical Karen said...

Three months is probably the right amount of time to work on a weight loss goal. After three months it gets harder to maintain (well, I found that was true for me).

I think that's why a lot of places advertise "Twelve Week Programs" -- there's a higher success rate than if they made it longer. (I'm just guessing, though.)

terrierchica said...

Poor Richard.

He's stuck at home while all his dear, dear siblings are having fun. Sariah is doing pilates, Vinnie is...actually I haven't talked to Vinnie since July, but I'm sure he's happy with himself, he usually is, Lura has a kid now, and I am in Boston and having fun par-I mean, studying. And cheering on the Sox (can you believe that save they blew? I am not a happy fan. Millar should save the day with a home run tomorrow.). Anyway, poor, poor Richard.
(sorry bud!)

There's new people that have commented. Wow. Sariah, you're so popular!

Alyson said...

Richard's was the 20th Tim's was the 21. Just don't forget Aiden's. I predict Aiden will be potty trained by the 29th of October if your consistant. Hey may have a few acidents now and then after, but the 29th sounds like a good day.

FeatherSky said...

If you find any tricks that work with potty training, please share! We're running in circles here!