Monday, September 05, 2005

Yes, Erica, Sometimes Life Sucks

So I got quite the phone call from my mom this morning. My sister, Erica, was riding her bike and was hit by a car. She is currently at the emergency room, but last I heard she's actually doing okay. The woman who hit her was talking on her cell phone and not paying attention to what she was doing. Erica was having trouble breathing, but doesn't think anything is broken. The bike is done for.

This is in the aftermath of a week of problems (for full details, click on my link to her blog "The Life and Times" and read her entry "Life Sucks"). I sometimes have to wonder why so many bad things happen to certain people all at once. I said to my other sister "Well, when it rains, it pours, right?" She replied "In Erica's case, she's getting a blizzard!"

I hope this doesn't ruin her hockey playing! I hope there is no serious damage. She was able to try out for the Olympics this summer, and one of her main goals is to play in the Olympics. What if because of this accident, now she never gets to?? I know, I'm jumping to conclusions long before I know anything, but that's what I do. My counselor said I'm too much of a worry wart.

It sucks being 17, in Boston all by yourself, not able to move into the dorms or buy your books for classes, and get hit by a car. Erica, I sure hope things look up for you soon. Sometimes life just isn't fair, is it?

1 comment:

Philosophical Karen said...

That which does not kill you makes you stronger. Erica should think of this as strength training. I don't think you need to worry about her. One good thing about being young -- she'll get through it better than you or I would (well, especially better than I would, HAHA).