Saturday, September 10, 2005

Oops

Sorry about that last post. Words were spoken... no, typed... in haste. It's really not that big of a deal most of the time. I have been known to crack a few polygamy jokes myself. I guess I'm just getting so stinkin' tired of feeling like the butt of the world's jokes. I'm over it now!

Good things have been happening: I got new jeans two days ago! Yay! I got them in the junior's section, and they are size 11. One pair I probably could have gotten a 10, but I'm cool with what I've got. This is wonderful news because I have been struggling with my weight for about 6 1/2 years now. I don't expect to ever fit in my wedding dress again (I was freakishly skinny, apparantly), but I would love to get into single digit sizes again. That has been my goal. A year and a half ago I was completely distraught because I was wearing 16s (and moving up) and weighing over 165. I finally decided to stop doing nothing, and I lost a bunch of weight. At this time last year I was down to a 12 and weighing 140 (and still losing). Then I got pregnant! As excited as I was to have a baby, I was pretty bitter because I knew I was losing the body I had worked very hard for, and it was just starting to get where I liked it. Now that Dallin is 4 1/2 months old, I'm back to trying to get fit and lost weight. I don't want to go overboard (do you know how hard it is to have once been the girl that could literally eat anything and everything and never work out and not gain an ounce to being a normal person? It sucks!), but I want to be happy with myself.

Other good stuff: The weather has cooled down. It happened so quickly that I'm pretty cold right now. I have the kids in long pants, and I'm wearing a sweatshirt. We're about to go out, so we'll see if it's really as cold as I think it is. It is starting to actually feel like fall.

Fall is my favorite season. I like that you can wear jeans and either a t-shirt or a sweater. I like wearing jackets. I like watching the leaves change color. I like the feel of the cool wind. I used to say that I was going to get married in the fall, but then Ches proposed in September and it was either get married the next month or wait an entire year. So we got married in the spring.That worked out well, but the fall would have been a beautiful wedding. I like the reds, oranges, golds, and browns.

I talked to Erica on the phone for quite a while last night. It was a lot of fun. Although she thinks I'm totally psycho. What do you expect from a jock?!?!?! Hee hee. Just kidding Erica.

My brother-in-law comes home from Iraq today. My sister (Lura) is having their first baby this next week (she is due on Tuesday), and he gets to be here for the birth and will do the baby blessing, hang out with some friends (but mostly just Lura and baby), then in 15 days he goes back to Iraq.We're very excited for them, and are so happy he gets to come home for a few days!

6 comments:

Philosophical Karen said...

I'm glad to hear that Erica is okay and your sister Lura's family will be together for the baby. Fall is my favourite time of year too. We're not wearing sweatshirts quite yet, but it won't be long now.

terrierchica said...

Dude...I read your post, and totally had a great retort, but I forgot. Oh well.

You know, you weigh a heck of a lot less than me. I am, according to my school physical this morning, 5 foot 6 inches, 180 pounds. But I wear a size 9 or 10 jeans, like the same as you! I'm so confused on how that works. I'm jealous you got new jeans. I got free clothes with "BU Hockey" plastered all over them today. I think I'm supposed to be a walking billboard.
Anyhows, if you're bored sometime and want to talk about chemistry or anthropology, gimme a call!
Oh, and feel free to send me crap. :)

April_Mommy said...

Was anyone else depressed by the fact that she is complaining about a size 11?! Sariah, I haven't fit into those for about 5 years now! Sad...

FeatherSky said...

hahaha April, that was my thought too! I'd click my heels and dance if I was a size 11 :) I think my bones all by themselves are bigger than a size 11! Congrats on losing the weight Sariah! I'm in the same boat. I gained 30 lbs when i was pregnant and have now lost 40 lbs. I'm already happy, but in another 10 I'll be ecstatic. On my way... :)

Sariah said...

Okay, people. I am not complaining about being an 11! I just know that I want to be smaller. When I got married (7 years ago) I was a 4/6. I'll never be that small again, but I'll be extrememly happy at a 9! I'm pretty happy with what I am now, too.

Erica, I am actually putting together a care package for you as we speak. It'll have lots of wierd, random crap. hee hee hee

ABQ Mom said...

to answer your question "do you know how hard it is to have once been the girl that could literally eat anything and everything and never work out and not gain an ounce to being a normal person? It sucks!" YES I DO! I am in the exact same boat you are. Weight was never a problem, but now that I've had my second baby I can't get anything off. Currently I'm 5'7" 155 lbs, Size 10. I've lost 10 pounds since June 20th. My goal is to be 135 by my birthday Dec 29th before starting to try for baby #3. Good luck to you on your weight loss endevors!