Friday, November 04, 2005

Cheeky Monkey

I just had to use this for a title. It's too funny, and I'm attempting to incorporate it in my daily speech patterns. You can thank Fourth Fret for that. In addition, thank Feather Sky if you hear me suddenly yell "Red over red! We're dead, you cheeky monkey!!!" I crack myself up.

I think one of the cutest things in the world is babies right after a bath. Once their hair is dry, it's all fuzzy and sticks straight up. So cute!! I just can't stop rubbing Dallin's head. And his skin is so soft and yummy smelling. I just want to snuggle him all day long. Until his spits up all over me, which will happen in about ten minutes. Then I end up smelling like baby puke, but he has the most satisfied grin on his face, and he settles down and gets cuddly.

There could be worse things.

6 comments:

ABQ Mom said...

I love that time. And even the smell of spit up isn't SO bad... just kidding, its bad. :-) But theres just something about it, smells like baby. I love baby breath; before they're eating solids or formula. My husband and I think it smells like heaven.

fourth_fret said...

heh. red over red. we're dead, we're dead is the best saying ever.

it's been a long, long time since i've been around a little one- and that was my nephew who is 15 now. but you're right... that is a sweet time with them, and it never lessens in its vividness even as they become young men with deep voices. (or young women with... [gasp] curves! crazy.

Proud Mum said...

mmmm, baby smells. My son still has buttermilk breath sometimes; I love it and I stick my nose in his mouth. The problem is: he has six teeth and thinks I'm feeding him nose for supper. I should learn my lesson but I love his buttermilk breath.

I also love the smell of newborn breastfed babies. Up until they are several months old they have a divine smell that just permeates their bodies.

I sure hope my neighbour has her baby soon; I need to cuddle a newborn!

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Their heads smell the best of all. [sigh] I'm starting to learn that I just need to think of the diaper smells to help me forget how good the rest of them smells.

Kris said...

cheeky monkey is my son's nickname...he got it in Scotland from our neighbours.

K.

FeatherSky said...

I love how Jenacy smells right after a bath. Ahh, those wonderful 10 minutes of being completely clean! I like to rub the fuzz on her head till it sticks straight up :)