Monday, November 14, 2005

Do I Have the Time???

So, I was going to write some really great post that would either make everyone laugh and think, "Wow, that Sariah is one funny chick" or one that would make everyone pause and ponder the great and wonderful things of the world and my view of it.

However, I spent most of my time online today chatting on Yahoo! IM with ABQ Mom (and a little with Erica and Jesse) and trying to read everyone else's blogs. I'm not complaining because I love to read all y'all, but now I've been online too long. I just have dial up, so if anyone is trying to call, the phone just rings and rings for them, and I never know. Also, with the computer, you can't get your other chores done. And this house has a ton of chores right now.

We emptied our storage unit and are trying to get rid of a lot of our stuff that we will never use again (but hang on to for sentimental reasons). That is a very hard job, by the way. How do you choose what is worth keeping and what is worth throwing away? Ches went through this huge tote of his that is full of stuff from his mission to Ohio, his band trips (mostly the one to Japan), and scouting stuff from when he was little. So many good things in there!! He wanted to get rid of a bunch of the fans from Japan and just keep a couple, but then he realized that so many of them were signed by people he had met or stayed with. How do you throw those away?? They are so personal now!

So anyrate... I have a few boxes of junk of my own. And yes, there is junk in there. I am a packrat. I found old cards and letters, emails that I had printed out because they were so funny at the time, knick knacks of various shapes and sizes, expired condoms, a jar of chocolate sauce that was a gift once (and has never been opened), a flashlight that plugs into the lighter of the car, pens and pencils, an old class and fee schedule from 1997, bank statements from 1995, pictures from 1993... ugh. It's a big job I have.

Anyway... so I don't have any more time on the computer. Oh, but I'm supposed to let everyone know that Alyson says hi and that she doesn't have internet right now for complicated reasons and hasn't had time to go to her mom's to use the computer, so that's why she hasn't posted in a while. Okay, now I'm going. I'll post something real later... maybe tonight after Ches gets home and he can take care of the kids. :)

12 comments:

terrierchica said...

Expired condoms? Sariah, is there something I don't know about you?

Heehee, sorry, it made me laugh.

ABQ Mom said...

even though I kept you from getting things done today, I am still glad we had the chance to chat. It was fun.

and the expired condoms made me giggle too... :-)

Philosophical Karen said...

Hey, that made me laugh too.

It's good to know that about Alyson. I was wondering why she wasn't posting, even though I knew there had to be a good reason.

You could take pictures of stuff (good stuff, like the fans) then throw it away. Your kids are too young to influence your decisions. DO IT NOW, WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!

The other suggestion I have is to get them framed. That way, instead of just taking up space in a tote, they can decorate your wall.

But I am way better at suggestions than actually doing....

ABQ Mom said...

karen those are really good suggestions. I think I've actually heard the "take a picture of it and then throw it away" idea from an organization book. And I love the framing idea, we have our college diplomas framed and hanging on the wall.

fourth_fret said...

the condoms seem to be getting a lot of attention. i didn't laugh so much. well, i did but first the blood drained from my face as i thought, "mmmm... expired condoms can never be good."

i mean, i'm sure none of us can imagine how an expired condom can leap from its keep space and find a... happy soldier, but they can. i don't know how. they just do. i can't breathe for fear of attacking expired condoms. whew! heh.

it's hard to let stuff go for sure, but if you can just force yourself, a tremendous weight will lift from you shoulders that you hadn't even realized was there. at least that's been my experience.

now please... DESTROY those condoms immediately! lol

Sariah said...

I'm SO embarassed I wrote in the expired condoms! I honestly didn't think it would cause such a stir, but still! They're just condoms! And Erica, I AM your older, *married* sister, with all that that implies. Kind of surprised no one commented on the unused bottle of chocolate sauce. ;)

What am I saying????? My MOTHER reads this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

terrierchica said...

Married, yes. But you didn't mention exactly WHEN the expiration date was.

:)

HI MOM!

Mike said...

Sariah, it looks like without trying you succeeded in writing "some really great post that would either make everyone laugh and think, "Wow, that Sariah is one funny chick" or one that would make everyone pause and ponder the great and wonderful things of the world and my view of it".

Philosophical Karen said...

C'mon Mike! You know you wanted to say something about the chocolate sauce. ;-)

Sariah said...

Angel, I have TONS of photos of you. Hee hee hee. They are all good ones, you know.

Condoms are gone. Thought you'd all like to know. Expired condoms do no good to anyone.

And the chocolate sauce says on the jar "Good for ice cream".

Lura said...

Well, I'd love to make some comment, but what is there left to say? Your blogs almost always make me laugh, and I know what a funny chick you are. As for the chocolate sause, I remember you telling me about that when you got it. You were so embarrased it was funny then too!

Allrie said...

Yes, Mom read this I laughed Hi Angel--you know I love you, too. Special stuff, such as the fans should be considered art, not junk. OK, OK, I "complain" about married children not taking their own stuff, so I have to move it back and forth across the country. Well, some things should be reduced to pictures and scrapbooks, others should be trashed, but treasures such as the fans (irreplacable should you decide you should not have gotten rid of it) should be treasured!