Thursday, November 03, 2005

Easy Italian Chicken

I'm making this for dinner tonight. It's so yummy. It's quick and easy, so I thought I'd share in case you have one of those nights where you're not in the mood to mess with it. (Angel, you have this already from me).

From the Preston 4th Ward Cookbook (available at the Preston Citizen in Preston, Idaho. Trust me, buy it).

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
dry bread crumbs
Olive Oil
2 Cups prepared spaghetti sauce
2-4 Tbs Parmesean cheese
Mozzarella cheese slices, enough for each chicken breast
(we like it better with shredded cheese, though)

Heat oil in large skillet. Wash chicken breasts. While still wet, coat with bread crumbs. Friy in hot oil until brown. Pour spaghetti sauce into bottom of baking dish. Place chicken breasts in sauce and top each breast with mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with grated Parmesean cheese. Bake in 350 (F) oven for 30 minutes.

We also like to make some kind of pasta (not spaghetti noodles) to serve with the extra sauce.

2 comments:

ABQ Mom said...

Definitely will have to try that. It sounds very quick and easy which is great on days just like you described!

ABQ Mom said...

I made this for dinner tonight. I added oregano, parmesean cheese, black pepper, and garlic powder to the bread crumbs. I did use the mozzerella cheese but rather than slices I used shredded cheese. And we had penne pasta. Anyway, thanks, it was really good. I should post some of my favorite recipes...