Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Tetris Girls

This one's for you, ABQ, per request.

When I was a sophomore at Ricks College, I had the best three roommates ever. Their names are Fawn, Lara, and Jenny. We got along so well, it was unbelievable. We never had a fight. We never had a conflict. We had dinner together almost every night. We prayed together every night. We had scripture study together. We hung out together. We supported each other in our different talents and interests. We wrote to each others' missionaries and boyfriends at other universities. We were meant to be roommates.

We also had a LOT of fun. Fawn was a nursing student, and I was a music major, and we shared a room. Because those were two of the most difficult majors on campus, you could walk into our bedroom and feel the stress level right away. We often needed to find ways to relieve the stress. So we'd grap Lara and Jenny, jump into Fawn's car, and drive around the small town of Rexburg with the window wide open, sticking our heads out the window, and screaming. Just screaming nothingness, but screaming all the way. Then, whenever we saw someone walking along the sidewalk, we'd pull up next to them and start to sing our official apartment song:

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go!
'Cuz I'm leavin' on a jet plane
I don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go!

We got the strangest looks from people. One guy walked up to the car window and said, "Well, if you insist!". I happened to be sitting there at the time. He grabbed my face and leaned in the window to KISS me! EW!! Luckily, I was able to turn my head in time. Fawn sped off and we laughed for an hour on that one.

Our apartment (Pineview #40 rocks the house down to the ground!!) was located on the bottom floor of our building. It was actually just below ground level, so our living room window was even with the ground. We had our couch right under the window, and we used to joke that once it started snowing, we'd sell hot chocolate to all the passerbys on their way to and from class. One day, Fawn and I were sitting on the couch, eating cereal (even though it was about 8:30 pm), when we decided to have a little fun. We stood on the couch, opened the window, and started yelling out the window to people: "Help! Help us! We're locked in!" Most people would start to walk faster, I guess to get away from the two crazy girls.

One guy, however, stopped, looked around, then came over to the window. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"We're locked in!" We started in with this whole story of how we were locked in the apartment and couldn't get out, and we needed someone to help us get out. We said our managers said we were bad and put us in our apartment with nothing but fake Cap'n Crunch to eat and locked us in. The poor stranger asked, "They locked you in? How do you know?"

"Well, they shut the door and said 'Okay, you're locked in now.' So we thought that's it."

"Are you sure the door is locked? Have you tried opening it?"

Fawn and I looked at each other in surprise. We both ran to the door, opened it, and ran into the hallway jumping and yelling, "It's not locked!! I'm free! I'm FREE!!"

When we got back to our apartment, the stranger was gone. Poor guy. And that's what you get when you put a group of Mormon girls together that are full of stress and have no desire to get drunk.

3 comments:

fourth_fret said...

freaked. me. out.

i'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when i'll be back again... that's been running through my mind for the past two days. (mostly because... i'm fixin' to be leaving on a jet plane. i know when i'll be back though) :)

you are so naughty. the "we're trapped in our apartment" joke is hysterical, but i can't believe no one called the police.

terrierchica said...

Haha, you guys were such losers. Music majors are weird. As are theatre majors. Any of that artsy stuffs....I'm the the College of Fine Arts at BU is a mile away...no weirdos in my building, nuh-uh!
Unless you count all the engineering students....

ABQ Mom said...

Isn't fun how we could have so much fun and actually remember it later? People do stuff like this, but usually they've drunk mass amounts of alcohol and can't remember what they did the next day. Good stories!