Monday, May 01, 2006

Invasion of the Sariahs!!

Today, I met Sariah in Vancouver for the first time. It was so fun! I have to admit that I was a little nervous. I mean, how well can you really get to know someone online, anyway? And then there's all the weirdos you hear about (although I wasn't too worried about her being in that category).

So anyrate... we planned to meet at 11 am at a local, well-known park. I got there a good 20 minutes late, and thought she would be easy to find: I just had to look for another pregnant lady! Hee hee. Howver, it seemed that today was the day for every pregnant woman to be at the park.

Sariah came with her daughter, husband, sister-in-law, and some of Cadi's cousins. They got there just a few minutes after me, and as soon as Acadia jumped out of the car, I could tell it was her! We just sat and let the kids play, ate some lunch, and talked. It was so fun. Can I just say, all Sariahs rock. I think that is a future post in the making.

It was a lot of fun to meet someone from online, and it was really fun to meet someone that I realized if we did live near each other, we could easily be friends. We spent a good two hours there, and I don't think a minute of it was awkward.

We took some pictures, but my camera wouldn't work for some reason, so you'll have to wait for Sariah to email them to me or post them on her site (both of which will happen).

So, that wasn't a big, exciting post or anything, but I just had to tell you all what fun it was to have my cyber universe and my real universe collide for a couple of hours.

8 comments:

Sariah said...

It was fun and I agree completely! I'm so glad we met! :)

I e-mailed you the pics and posted some on my blog too. My post covers other parts of our visit here in Reno too, but if you scroll down you'll get to our visit at the park. ;)

Allrie said...

So glad you could get together with a fellow "Sariah," something you used to wish for as a young child! So glad the visit turned out well and exhausting for the boys--everyone should sleep well tonight!

Also hope you are smarter than your mother and remembered sunscreen before your kids burnt--yes, I know all your sunburns were totally my fault and, yes, I still feel guilt and regret:( Glad you had a lovely day for the park:D

Lura said...

I'm glad you two met. I'd like to know another Lura. I met one once, in England.

Anyway, I know you've known at least one other Sariah. She was in my stage makeup class at Ricks, and she loved to call me Sariah's sister. You know, from her, I was ok with that.

fourth_fret said...

that's so cool. it seems like online is a lot like real life... some creeps, but some really good souls too.

Philosophical Karen said...

Sariah, I'm sorry. I read this post then I went bopping over to your friend Sariah's site, commented there and then never came back and said anything here. It sounds like you guys had so much fun!

ABQ Mom said...

How fun that must have been. For both Sariahs. I told you I know two other Sariahs, one from my past and one from my present. If I could only arrange a meeting of all 4 Sariahs I know. That would be strange!

Sariah said...

We sure did have fun! Now I'm totally willing to meet more people in "real" life. that'd be cool. Although I think I was already that way about all of my blogging buddies, anyway. Hmmmm.

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

sounds fun! Nice pics on her website.