Wednesday, May 31, 2006

X-Men 3

Today we went to see X-Men 3: The Last Stand. Yup, our whole family went, Aiden and Dallin included. That was a risky move, I know, but it turned out okay.

I don't want to give out a full-blown review or anything. And I'm NOT going to include any spoilers for those of you who want to see it and haven't yet.

I'll just let you know, I liked it. You could tell it was a different director than previous movies, but it wasn't too bad. There were some big surprises in the plot line. I thought some characters would have been portrayed a bit more than they were (like Archangel) because of things in the previews, and there were some characters that weren't in this movie at all that I expected to see (like Nightcrawler). I heard a review that blasted Kelsey Grammer for playing Beast/Hank McCoy too much as Frasier Crane, but I think it worked. This character is similar to Frasier in some ways, and honestly, I didn't see a whole ton of Frasier moments. If you were into the previous two X-Men movies, definitely go see this one. It's worth it. If you are a huge comic book fan (I'm not, but Ches is), be prepared that it doesn't follow the comics exactly. Left us with some questions. There is some pretty brutal deaths, but nothing all that bloody. I think most kids would do okay in it, but if you have a really perceptive and sensitive kid, well, wait until you see it to determine what your own kid should see. Overall, though, we really liked it.

Even Aiden. He said his favorite part was "When Wolverine was fighting the bad guys in the forest." Yup, there's some good stunts there.

Oh, and stay all the way through the credits. It's important. (Halle Berry even said so on Good Morning America)

3 comments:

Lura said...

We went and saw it last night (without Jago). I loved it. Unfortunantly we didn't know to stay through the credits, but a couple of my friends filled me in today. About what we missed at the end I just have one thing to say: I KNEW IT!!

I also thought that we'd see some characters more, and Jesse was very disappointed that they didn't introduce Gambit.

Ok, I'd say more, but I don't want to ruin anything for anyone who hasn't seen it yet and wants to.

Alyson said...

I heard about he credit thing a while ago. tim nd I are going to go see next weekend when he gets his free passes. Thanks for not blowing it for me.

ABQ Mom said...

I love x-men movies. I LOVED the x-men cartoons when I was a kid. I can't wait to see the nex movie. I was so excited when I saw the first promo that there was going to be a 3rd movie. I don't really follow the comic books so I don't know that much about plot but I do know all the characters from the cartoons. :-)