Friday, May 19, 2006

Random Friday

Our first order of business for Random Friday on this May the 19th, 2006 is to discuss my doctor's appointment and ultrasound from yesterday. That's right folks, it was the BIG day. The one we've all been anxiously awaiting. Is it a boy or a girl? Does Sariah get to go nuts buying pink, or does she not have to buy anything at all?

Ches and I contemplated keeping our exciting news to ourselves, but realized it would be too easy to figure out. First of all, you could figure it out by what I am buying (or not buying for the baby). Second of all, we all know how much I want a girl this time, and we all know how hard it is for me to ever keep my mouth shut, so there's no way it could stay a secret for long. So, not to prolong it anymore...

Oh, wait. Taking your wagers now...

...

...

Is that everyone? Julia, Dana, did I get yours?

...

...

Okay, NOW I will tell you...

It's a BOY!!!

Yup. Numero tres. Maybe that's what will call him. Trey. It's either that or Rupert. HA! No ideas on names yet. I was all set with a girl's name. Oh well.:)

We are really excited to have another boy. Really. Yes, I wanted a girl, but I know how to take care of boys. I think I do a pretty good job of it (so far). And really... it saves us a LOT of money not having to buy a bunch of girly stuff right now.

*****

Ches graduates tonight!! WOOT!! I'll have to actually write about that more later. Because it hasn't happened yet. And I'm not psychic, so I can't tell you how it went yet. But I bet it's good. And boring (because the speakers all always long-winded and boring).

At Ches' brother's grad last year, he said the band played "You Can't Always Get What You Want." Heh. Seems odd for graduation, but maybe it's better than what the speakers said!

*****

My in-laws are in town for graduation. Aiden is LOVING having Oma and Opa here. Especially Opa. They have been playing "chase" a lot. Yesterday morning, Aiden got up and sat at the breakfast table and conversed and ate breakfast with Oma and Opa. Aiden never eats breakfast! Both kids have figured out really quickly that Opa has a tin of cookies with him. Aiden has also had a fun time learning that Oma is his dad's mom, and Opa is his dad's dad. It's a great little conversation about 20 times a day!

*****

Dallin is so close to walking! Two days ago he was taking a bunch of steps around, but yesterday he wouldn't walk at all. We shall see what he decides to do today.

*****

Quote of the day:
Lust is easy. Love is hard. Like is most important.
--Carl Reiner

22 comments:

fourth_fret said...

ok, so one is a boy. but what about the other four? hehehe

... and congrats to ches

Proud Mum said...

Hooray hooray hooray! You were right, this really was a great RF and totally worth the wait.

I'm all about boys, and I already know that all of our children will be boys and the family will be full of nephews, so I'm excited you're having another boy, too! Then my boys can have playmates! (If we ever are in the same city, that is... hmmm, we should work on that.)

Anyway, Congratulations and hooray on everything! What a happy day!

Sariah said...

Congratulations! On both having another boy and Ches graduating!

ABQ Mom said...

Congratulations. You had a feeling that you would have another boy. Ever since Dallin was born. ;-) There are a few families in my ward that have three boys. It's so cute. They look the same it's like Big, Bigger, Biggest of the same thing.

Congratulations to Ches on graduation today. I am sure it is a happy day. Yay for Oma and Opa to be there. It's always wonderful for children to see their grandparents. Have a great visit.

Allrie said...

Congratulations to Ches--his card and a little token gift should arrive someday...and a big Congrats on Numero Tres!

Be careful, though--you want EVERYONE to flood you with name suggestions again? You really did open yourself up to it you know!

I'm so jealous of the grandparental visit! Just as I'm sure they are when we get to visit. Perhaps I'm just jealous of those families who live near each other--so each and every visit is not such a big deal [or ordeal]. Anyway--have a great time, and I am really glad that Aiden is doing so well with his Oma and Opa--it means he should do well with his other grandparents, too. :)

Philosophical Karen said...

I just love the name Rupert. Maybe you were kidding, but I think it's great. Congrats on all your good news!

Kris said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

fourth_fret said...

name suggestions:

nimrod
patch
fred <---- it's much more impressive that it appears

i'll be back with more. i have to be inspired first. ;)

HAHAHA
(and i'll work on the other four names too.)

FeatherSky said...

Congrats on another boy!!! A lady in our ward has 5 boys! She dresses them up every sunday in matching suits so it's like what ABQMom said--big bigger biggest! It's totally cute! (I don't know what they boys think though, probably something like, "Great. mom's dressing us up like matching girls again...")

I'd suggest a name, but Jaedin's lucky he got the only name we could think of. He was going to be named Jedi Knight up until a couple weeks before he was born!

Proud Mum said...

If you chose Little Red's name I'll be greatly disappointed. Flattery-imitation-BAH! It was the only name we could agree on seriously, and had to ask him his name before we knew. It was that big of a deal!

Others we considered:
Montgomery Pythonius (Monty Python!)
Dude


Since people naming their children after professions (Hunter, Tanner, Cooper) seems to be a new trend we considered going for the gold:
Duke
King
President
Doctor
Sir


We also considered any first name with O' or Mac or Vaughn (get it, von???) as the middle name.

Proud Mum said...

Oh, and until I know otherwise, my new nephew is Boutrous to me and Baron Vaughn to my husband.

I'm serious, it's a problem for us. I think we'll end up taking a page out of George Foreman's book and all of our children will be Little Red.

Okay, enough rambling, you may have your blog back.

April_Mommy said...

Yay for your team! Boys are wonderful, I am terrified to have one eventually... I know girls :-)

Allrie said...

My comment is for everyone BUT Sariah--she's heard it ever since Erica was named. Names are hard for teachers to choose. Most remind one parent of a good kid, but the other parent of a 'problem' student.

I just recommend a reason for choosing whatever name you come up with, because the first two boys have their: 1] grandfather's; & 2] great-grandfather's middle names. So 3] a middle name shared with a G-G-grandfather? That give you plenty to choose from!

Proud Mum said...

Allrie, I know exactly what you mean, my husband and I have struggled with the same thing (and he wasn't a teacher ... but I was.) I'm no longer teaching, but when my friends announce the names for their children, I cringe. I have yet to meet a Justin or a Kyle or a Caleb that has not had serious issues -- do I tell the happy new mother? (It depends on my relationship with the mother.)

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Congratulations! We have 4 girls. We kept waiting for the boy to make an appearance and he never did. I guess we just don't have that recipe. It's good for a Mom to have boys. They spoil her when she's older. The girls tend to look after Dad.

Lura said...

Congratulations on all the good stuff happening to my favorite big sister's family. :)

I won't suggest a name. All I can say is there's a reason all the names on my list of possibles are so odd. They're all real names, but so out there that NOBODY has them, so they can't remind either Jesse or me of anyone else.

fourth_fret said...

keegan
poncho
delbert (no, not dilbert... DELbert)
brick
bartholomew
judo leroy

...

any help yet?

[snicker]

Allrie said...

FF- You'd just LOVE a family we know...name [all boys]
Sage...Skye...Jordan...Jackson...
Canyon

Once at church a lady was trying to refer to one of the boys, and after a few moments of stumbling about said, "Rock, Dirt...one of those boys." And everyone knew who she meant!

terrierchica said...

You could name him Mark. Then, when you come visit me in Boston someday, everyone can call him "Maaahk Shaahp"!!!

I like FF's ideas...heehee

Allrie said...

Angel! What technicalities! A nephew is a nephew is a nephew. Who cares where the blood line flows--except when strictly doing genealogical research. I have literally a dozen nephews, but nary a one is blood. Bur you know how I am about kids...

I have a place for name suggestions on my blog.

Allrie said...

Goofyj, Could you please put that name link in the comments on my blog s well--I don't know how, and I've already spent too much time reading it!I know actual people with 69 of tese names! And I like some of them--heck, I'm related to some of them! Plus, as I work on genealogy, I find lots more!

fourth_fret said...

salamander p. (you don't want a name... the initial is enough)

and don't forget... $100 is still on the table. :P