Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Sometimes, I Am SUCH A Girl

I should be cleaning my house. I mean, we are having the missionaries over for dinner at 5:30, then at 7 I am having a Tupperware party. Of course the LOST season finale is on tonight, too. It's going to be a busy night. My living room and dining room are a disaster area. But I got a lot done in my bedroom, so I feel as if I deserve a break for a few minutes. I have to tell you about my recent shopping trips.

Yes, I'm going to talk about shopping.

You see, I am apparantly a good mom of boys. In high school, I was always called "one of the guys". I got to hang out with the guys when they deemed certain activities NOT for girls (mainly their girlfriends). In elementary school, I considered myself a bit of a tom-boy (because I loved to climb trees, ride every where on my bike, and I played soccer and softball. Okay, it was t-ball, but that's because you had to be a certain age to play softball. Anyways...)

Somehow, I have grown up with some very girl tendencies, however much I may hate to admit it. For example, I love shoes. If I had a lot of money, I would buy shoes constantly. Seriously. I think they are gorgeous, and I'm totally jealous of T-Rez and her shoe obsession.

Sometimes, I like to wear pink (this is a new thing for me. I've posted about my becoming a girlie-girl in the past). You know, it's fun and different for me. I like it.

I love to shop and spend money. Yes, it is a stereotypical female thing to do, but I like it. So there. Oh, and I like to show off the stuff I bought. Makes me happy. Not to gloat, but to say "Look how cute my new clothes are!" or some such thing.

I got me some new, navy-blue clam-diggers from Old Navy. I love them I'm wearing them right now, as I type. They are cute and comfy, and I highly recommend them. Oh, and even though they are maternity, they have actual sizes (not just S, M, and L, etc.). I bought a size 8. EIGHT!! Okay, yes. So there I am gloating just a little. I can't wait until I'm not pregnant and I get past those first couple of months in post-partum until my body looks partly normal again!

I also got a "cheesy" maternity t-shirt. I've always wanted something kind of like this. Cheesy, but not too much so. I love the fit, and I think it looks really cute. So, if I like it, who cares what others think, right??

The last thing I got (and now my "clothing allowance" is all used up) is a new dress. Very pretty. Very light. Very summer. Oh, and I feel like one hot mama in the dress!

Now I just need some new shoes. Seriously.

7 comments:

ABQ Mom said...

Okay you pretty much could have just written about me. Congrats on your new clothing purchases. I'm excited I got the first look yesterday. :-P Good luck getting some new shoes. I'm ready for a few new pairs of shoes too. ;-)

Allrie said...

Are you really my child? From whence came tbat shopping gene?
I HATE SHOPPING!!!

But i'm really happy for you. I hope all goes well with your Tupperware party. Enjoy Lost 9if anyone taped it, may I borrow it? I fell asleep, and...]

I hope that you will have a shoe buget soon!

Proud Mum said...

Cute clothes! How fun!

I'm not much of a shopper, but I do enjoy it from time to time. :-) Everyone needs a dress that makes her feel pretty, I'm so glad you found one!

Alyson said...

I could shop till everyone one else drops, but most of the time thats not long enough. Its a good thing we don't make much money because all I have to say is I can't afford that. If we made more I would have a hard time choosing what to buy.

fourth_fret said...

i honestly think shoes are the one unifying element between girlie girls, and tomboys. seriously. i've never met a tomboy who didn't get pretty exited about shoes too. they're just... different kind of shoes. heh.

Laural said...

Congrats on the new clothes! That's pretty cool that you have a clothing allowance. We have a food allowance nad hope the rest covers the bills! :)

Size 8?!!! NO fair!

Thérèse said...

Dawww. *blushes*

Rilly? *blushes again*

Okay, so I say, it's seriously fun to be a girly girl though. Embrace it! :D



And yes. Yes you do need shoes. I hope you find beautiful ones, really really beautiful ones, and then show us a picture of them. :)