Tuesday, May 16, 2006

What I Learned

I had a few things happen yesterday, and this is what I learned:

**When I am pregnant and I want Extra Crispy Chicken from KFC, then dang it all, I better get it! If not, I will cry. I'm talking huge, gut-wrenching sobs here. I felt so stupid, crying over chicken.

**When making rice crispy treats and the recipe calls for 6 cups of cereal, they mean 6 cups of cereal. If you only use 4 cups, it is still yummy, but they sqaures are thinner, stickier, and more marshmallow-y. Don't let yourself be distracted just because the phone rang just as you were pouring the cereal in and it's your favorite aunt, so you have to talk to her. Just make sure you get all 6 cups in.

**If I quietly take out the broom and start to sweep the floor, Aiden will still notice. He will quietly get out the Swiffer mop and stand behind me, ready for his turn, with a huge grin on his face.

**I hate the smell of cigarette smoke. Except when there is a cool evening, it's already dark, and whoever the smoker is, they are not too close and they are smoking just the right brand. Then it reminds me of hanging out with my friends during high school. Mainly that summer between junior and senior year. Still don't like the cigarettes, but the smell brings back some good memories.

10 comments:

fourth_fret said...

hmmm.

i don't think i learned anything yesterday. at all. i might have even gotten dumber.

did you know you can make rice crispy cookies. i mean like real cookies. ok, not with rice crispies but with fruity pebbles?

they are awful except that, you know you're eating fruity pebbles, so you struggle through.

Laural said...

Mine is more for McDonalds double cheeseburgers! I don't know why but they sure are good!

I love rice krispies...any kind, any time.

I hate smoking too. Not the people that do it, except that they can't quit, but the smell...ugh. The only fond memory it brings is of friends walking down mainstreet and holding our breath as we walk past 'The Owl.'

I hope I can learn as much as you in my day!

April_Mommy said...

Rice crispy treats have to be my absolute favorite treat! Love them!

FeatherSky said...

hahaha when I was pregnant with Jaedin I was craving onion rings so we went to some restaurant and they'd cooked them funny so they weren't crispy, they were just soggy with grease. I started crying right there in the restaurant over the onion rings!!! Man I hate pregnancy hormones!!!

mmmmm, i love rice crispy treats too!

Allrie said...

I'm with Angel--don't like smoking, but like the smell of a good cigar or pipe. But like Sariah, it is most likely memory associated--my Dad used to smoke cigars and the occasional pipe when I was small--and his uncle invented a new kind of pipe...so I guess I was exposed to it quite young. My favorite uncle and aunt smoked cigarettes. I hated it then, and still do now...

I'm so glad hat you take the opportunity to learn something new every day, Sariah. [Guess that means you are allowed to eat dinner, eh?] :D

Kris said...

Oh-My-Gosh...I thnk we are related. Mine was Dairy Queen blizzards though, been there done that with the squares and the smoke...yep I totally understand.

K.

Alyson said...

I like stickier crispy squares. I purposely use less. As for the size of the square use a smaller pan and they will be just as thick.

I learned that when its hot E is cranky and when he says he needs a bath I should believe him. He stinks

ABQ Mom said...

I'm so sorry about the KFC mix up. I've had pregnancy related melt downs over food. I can't remember what they are right now, but I know I have had them.

I haven't made rice crispy treats in like FOREVER! You'll have to send me the recipe!

I hate the smell of cigarette smoke, or pipes, or cigars. I can only remember one instance when the smell was okay. I was in high school and there was a boy I liked that smoked. I never actually SAW him smoking but he would smell of smoke and colouge. On him it was okay. Weird.

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

I get smarter and dumber everyday at the same time. It's what works for me.

Thérèse said...

I like that Aiden notices and helps you.

Children always notice far more than we give them credit for noticing; that is to say, they notice everything.