Saturday, June 24, 2006

Countdown

Only four more days until Ches comes home. I say "only", but it feels like an eternity. He's been gone for three days, and they have been the longest three days of my life.

I love my children dearly, but I fear for their lives. If there is another fever, another crying fit, another whine... I just don't know how much longer I can keep it together. I am exhausted, my body aches, my feet are swollen, and I just plain miss my husband.

I am NOT cut out for single motherhood. Especially not when I am 6 months pregnant. I hope nothing every happens to make me an actual single mother. I may have to move in with my parents!!

Keep praying for my sanity, everyone. Mr. Universe, we miss you so much, you can't even imagine. Seriously.

6 comments:

Sariah said...

(((HUGS)))

Proud Mum said...

Oh, Karen and I could (and have!) go on forever about the importance of fathers.

Hang in there! You can do it!

HUGS

Kris said...

AMEN sister!

K.

ABQ Mom said...

Separation is hard, but it really makes you appreciate each other a little more during the absence and when you're reunited. I've been away from ABQ for a week now. 3 more days to go...

fourth_fret said...

sounds like someone needs ice cream. and lots of it!

Allrie said...

As a former single mom, I say GOD BLESS HUSBANDS! And the sanity they bring!