Friday, June 16, 2006

In Love

I'm in love, my fellow internets. Completely, utterly, truely In Love. No, this is not some sappy story about Ches and me. I love him, but I'm not going to subject you to some internet PDA or anything. Not today, at least.

No, folks, I am in love with Kohl's. I finally made it to the Kohl's department store that is near my little apartment. It was beautiful! Spacious! It has everything I could ever want! And everything is a marked down price! Why in the world did I wait so long to go to Kohl's? I don't know. I went once when I was in Virginia, visiting my family. I helped my sister get some cool clothes (even if she didn't appreciate it at the time or remember it now). I knew what Kohl's was, yet I didn't attempt a visit until now. Ah, what a silly girl I can be.

Next door to Kohl's is a Super Wal-Mart. I think we all know how I have a love/hate relationship with Wal-Mart. I practically live there, but I hate how crowded it always is and how they put so much merchandise in the aisles and you can barely get your cart through. It always seems like too much.

However, this Super Wal-Mart is in a completely new part of town (and boy, is this part of town getting built up!! It's nuts!), and I had heard some good things about it. I figured since I was right there, why not check it out.

I am In Love with this Super Wal-Mart! It is also big! And beautiful! And spacious! And not crowded! I got a parking spot right near the door. It is well layed-out, and they seem to have even more merchandise than the Super Wal-Mart I normally go to. It's about an equal amount of distance to this SWM as to the other SWM, so as long as we are living here, I am now a loyal customer of this new Super Wal-Mart. The Arkansas girl in me is totally ashamed of not trying it out earlier.

6 comments:

Sariah said...

We have a new Kohl's too and I still haven't gone... but I really should. I keep meaning too...

And (this is a little weird) but I'm told there is a new Super-Walmart right next to our new Koh's too! The Super-Walmart that I go to now is pretty good and super close, so I would still go to it... but if I was already going to Kohl's, I could see going to the NEW Super-Walmart.

That is assuming I ever get myself over to the new Kohl's in the first place, lol.

ABQ Mom said...

I have never been to Kohl's. I hear they are currently building one here in ABQ. I have seen commericals and said "I should go there" but then I realize we don't HAVE one. But we will soon! I will definitely have to frequent it when it finally opens!

FeatherSky said...

We have 2 SMW's. One is 15 minutes to the south of us and one is 15 mins to the north of us. The south one is in a bad part of town and always has vagrants hanging out at the door looking creepy, the isles are a mess, the store looks run down, the cashiers are slower than normal WM cashiers (and we all know how slow that is), and most the people shopping there are the shady type you'd expect to see in the bad part of town. I feel like I'm going to get pick pocketed if I take my eyes off my purse, and I never take the kids there cuz I'm afraid someone will steal them if I turn around for a minute.
Then there's the SWM to the North of us. It's new looking in a rich part of town. It is the complete opposite to the other SWM. I just about never go to the S. SWM! I'm glad you've got the choice of a new SWM now!! :)
They ought to write Nathan's paychecks directly to WM. We buy everything there. :)

Proud Mum said...

I believe this calls for a "WOOT!" with a tinge of jealousy, I have neither store within my shopping radius.

But that may be better for my wallet that way, not that I think about it.

Kris said...

I LOVE shopping...let me say it again...I LOVE shopping...hehe.

K.

fourth_fret said...

ewwwwwwwwww. love. spitooey! heh.