Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Depression and Loneliness

The time has come. I am a single mom for a week. I know Kris has it harder than I do right now, being alone for a whole month and trying to get everything set for such a huge move, but dang it, I still feel sorry for myself!

Here I am, 6 months pregnant (but feeling like I'm already in the 9th month), alone with my two very active little boys, in a ghetto apartment, and it's dang hot outside. I miss Ches.

It really shouldn't be too bad without Ches here. He is usually gone all day because of work. But I look forward to evenings and to mornings when we are a family. And his days off. Ches takes such good care of me while I am pregnant. I often complain that he never gives me back or foot massages, but he does everything else for me. He lets me sleep in, he gives the kids their baths (it hurts my back too much to do that now), he makes dinner when I'm too hot or my feet hurt too much... The man knows how to spoil me. I don't want to be alone! I want to be spoiled!

I know that this trip is good. I want him in Arizona, doing interviews and finding us an apartment. But I'm jealous, too. I want to go to Arizona Mills and go shopping and see a movie. I want to take the kids to Tempe Town Lake for a swim and to play at the playground. I want to visit with friends (and meet Cara!!). I want to help pick out where we are going to live!!!

During family prayer, we pray for Ches to have a successful trip. We are moving to Phoenix no matter what. It would just be nice for him to have a job for us to go for. Okay, it'd be a lot more than nice. It would be wonderful!

I also hope he brings presents. Hee hee. I love presents! :) Have I mentioned how much I love to be spoiled by my husband?

It will be odd to be all alone in my bed. It will be odd to have to take out the trash and if no one cleans out the dishwasher to have to blame only myself. It was already odd tonight to go through Aiden's Bedtime Checklist all by myself and get Dallin to sleep and in bed. I've lost my temper more than I can count this evening. This is only the first night. I have to be more relaxed.

I think I'll go play some more Bejeweled 2 or some Snood while I wait for Ches to call.

8 comments:

FeatherSky said...

It's only one week, you can leave the trash by the front door. And the kids don’t really need baths. Just get a water gun and get them wet occasionally. And you're not alone in bed, I'm sure baby Anakin will kick you relentlessly to remind you of that ;)

That stinks being alone AND pregnant. Good luck going solo for the week!!! I hope Ches can find a job and a good apartment and be back spoiling you ASAP! Will you be moving while still pregnant?

Eat lots of chocolate and ice cream--you deserve it!!

Philosophical Karen said...

Do you find, as I often do, that the anticipation of what you must go through alone is worse than actually getting through it? It will all be behind you soon enough, and you can move on together as a family. And if some of your regular routine gets disrupted in the meantime, it's not a big deal.

You can do it! I know you can! Good luck, Ches, with finding a new job and place to live!

fourth_fret said...

hang in there, kiddo. throw a cup of water on the kids, let 'em eat cake, and hug a pillow.

and just when are we thinking you all might move here?

Sariah said...

FS -- thanks! It IS only a week. I can do it. And the kids will only get baths when they *really* need it (like Sunday morning before church). I like the name Anakin for the little monster inside me. Hmmmm. Seems to fit a little better than Rupert!

Karen -- I think you're totally right. I tend to get all worked up and worried and stressed over things that really turn out to be no big deal. Add my pregnancy to that... it gets worse. I'll make it through.

FF -- Mmmmm, cake. We had donuts for breakfast. Does that count?? We'll be moving down by the end of July. Mid to late July. I'll no more when Ches comes back and will let you know.

Allrie said...

I LIKE what Feathersky said. So ditto it!
Just remember the light at the end of the tunnel...and Ches will be back soon. And it will all work out in the end...etc. etc. etc.

So play with the boys [Anakin, huh? Does that count as a "real" name?] have a blast while Dad's gone, and the last day work hard to gewt everything ready for his return [you'll be more than ready, I know :) ]

My word verification seems apprapro: "dayngo"
Hopefully, these will be days n gone quickly :D

Kris said...

Oh My Gosh Sariah...I totally feel your pain. BUT you are way more brave, you are SIX months pregnant! I would've died. And may I add that I wussed out and made Big come home early because I couldn't handle it (he came home for a week so I could catch my breath only to leave me again asap). Yep, me the wuss. I think you'll be fine, but if you're not you are welcome to call me!!! HUGZ!

K.

Proud Mum said...

*HUGS*
After reading everyone's perfect comments the only word left in my head is: Ditto.

So Ditto everyone. And hang in there! We'll be praying for you and for a job!

ABQ Mom said...

Ditto everyone. Sorry I'm so behind on my comments. I've been playing single mom AT grandparents house. That can be tricky as well.

I was left alone for a week when I was 8 months prego so hubby could go play at Cedar point with his dad and brother. Just me and an 18 month old...

It is difficult, and it's okay to slack on some of the rules and schedules during this time. You'll make it, I'm sending you hugs.