Saturday, January 14, 2006

10 Reasons Why I Love My KitchenAid

Here are the Top Ten Reasons Why I Love My KitchenAid 6 qt. Professional Stand Mixer:

10. It's this industrial, steel grey color (the website calls it "metallic chrome", I believe), which just looks cool.
9. It was free -- Ches entered my name in a drawing and I actually won! (I never win anything. Ches never wins, either, but the people that he enters into contests usually win).
8. It makes me feel like a real baker -- something that I'm totally not, but would like to be, maybe, someday.
7. I can make all sorts of yummy cookies and breads with it.
6. The bowl is HUGE! I mean 6 qts! That's a lot of space. We can make a LOT of cookies with that.
5. People are actually a little envious when they see it. People are so rarely envious of anything I have, so it gives me cheap thrills.
4. I've never owned a Bosch, so as far as I know this is the best there is.
3. Mashed potatos are also really easy to make. Am I the Domestic Goddess, or what???
2. There are all sorts of attachments you can buy to make your baking and cooking experience easier. Not that we have bought any, but whatever. We will... someday... maybe when we have money.
1. Did I mention it was FREE??? That really does make it the coolest thing I've ever owned. Well, maybe not the coolest, but it sure is wonderful!

4 comments:

Proud Mum said...

Oh wow, I'm jealous.

I have a hand-me-down kitchenaid which I love love love love. But it's not as big, strong, or beautiful as yours.

ABQ Mom said...

you WON a kitchenaid mixer! I am SO jealous!
We had one at Shari's where I worked as a hostess and baker. I LOVED that thing.
I worked as a baker on Friday and Saturday mornings, and I'd have to make whipping cream for cream pies, and cream cheese frosting for cinnamon rolls.
Seriously I am SO way jealous!
Shane just burned up the motor of my hand-mixer. AGAIN! Yes, thats two he's burned the motor out on while trying to make cookies! I seriously want a kitchenaid, like now!

fourth_fret said...

so, i guess that means no lump potatoes?

this makes me sad. i like lumpy taters.

Kris said...

I am so jealous! OK...maybe not (yes I am), but my poor little hand mixer sure is! *wink*

K.