Monday, January 09, 2006

Back of the Bottle Instructions

I'm sitting here with a peel-off masque on my face because my skin just plain feels yucky. I want to feel fresh, so I put all the goop on my face and right now I'm just really stiff. It's a wierd feeling.

Just before I put it on, I was reading the back of the bottle. My favorite statement is: "It goes on your face, not in your face -- please don't eat Product Name products."

Duh. But then again, there are some idiots out there that would think, "Hmm, it says grapefruit, so this must be edible."

My sister, Lura, told me when I was visiting her in San Diego to read the back of her husband's body wash bottle while I was showering. This particular body wash is made "especially for men", and in large, bold letters the company felt the need to share this: "This body wash will not decrease levels of testosterone in your body!" I guess some guys are so "manly" that they are afraid of a little body wash.

When Aunt Marisa and I were in London, we found this particular brand of pop that had really funny sayings on them. I don't remember the name of the soda company or anything that the cans actually said, but I remember we stood in this little convienience store in Eton (was it Eton? Maybe you remember, Aunt Marisa) laughing our heads off for about 15 minutes. All because we took the time to read the little thing on the back. (By the way, if any of you have an idea of what this pop brand is, let me know.)

What funny things have you found on the back of some of your bottles?

10 comments:

Proud Mum said...

It's not on a bottle, but the instruction manual for my friend's jogging stroller says it is not intended for jogging.

Me, Myself and I said...

'Sobe' drinks have interesting sayings under the caps.. they're usually pretty dumb though.

I don't know if these Sodas have sayings on them, but 'Jones Sodas' always have cool photos on them. And they have yummy flavors like Green Apple and Bubblegum.

fourth_fret said...

to peruse the backs of bottles and their labels constitutes reading to some degree, and i'm not having it!

i bet i've missed all kinds of crazy because of it. :(

ABQ Mom said...

I love the conditioner bottles. "Please use on wet hair AFTER shampooing".

Or on the shampoo bottle, "Rinse, and Repeat." How many times are you supposed to repeat. It doesn't say anything about that.

ABQ Mom said...

Oh, and Alyson, I LOVE Jones Soda. Especially when I was single. (My last name WAS Jones). And you're right they do have awesome flavors.

Kris said...

My personal favourite weird label that makes me laugh every time is those prepackaged logs you buy to burn in your fireplace (when you don't have space to store a pile of wood)..."Danger, may cause fire".
K.

Me, Myself and I said...

um, abq mom, I'm not Alyson. My name does start with an "A" though. :)

April_Mommy said...

I am going to have to drive around my little town taking pictures of dumb signs before I leave this place... here is one of the recient:

Sandwich
Licenses
Fish and Game

So, are the licenses for? Sandwiches?

Me, Myself and I said...

oh, oh -- if we're talking funny business signs -- there's a pizza place near my house whose signs boasts "guarenteed same day delivery". hehe

Me, Myself and I said...

On the back of a FedEx Envelope (where you go to seal it...) "Do not ship liquids, BLOOD, or diagnostics in this packaging".