Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Mmmmm, Kisses -- The Chocolate Kind, That Is

It's not that I don't like "real" kisses. I do. I love to kiss my husband. I love to get kisses from my husband. I love to get kisses from my kids (even if they are slobbery, sticky kisses). I love kisses.

I also love chocolate (which I'm sure that you are all keenly aware of by now). Hershey's Kisses are great. Of course, my favorite are the dark chocolate Kisses, followed closely by the mint Kisses that come out at Christmas time. I have tried the caramel Kisses (yummy), and think Hugs are some of the gretest little bits of chocolate on Earth.

Side note: Once, in between my first and second year of college, I was taking some courses and this really cute boy in the class gave me some chocolate. First he handed me a Kiss, then a Hug, then said, "Oh look! Now we're making out!" I thought it was really funny at the time.

A week ago Aiden picked out a treat at Target. He picked up a package of what he called "colored chocolate chips." They were Kissables, a new product of Hershey's that is mini-Kisses covered in a thick, candy shell (and in different colors). They were pretty yummy!

Two days ago, while shopping at WalMart (mostly browsing as I waited for my medication to be refilled), I went down the Valentine's Day candy aisle. I saw something else new. Strawberry-creme Hershey's Kisses! I picked some up.

OH MY GOSH!!! If you like strawberry, you are going to LOVE this stuff!

So anyway, I also saw the peanut butter Kisses, and I'll have to get those next time (Ches is going to really love those). I'll get them when I get some more Strawberry-creme Kisses.

Oh, and I hate nuts of any kind, so I don't like the almond Hugs. Just to let you know.

15 comments:

Philosophical Karen said...

That little anecdote about the cute guy was funny. Was it special, or did he say that to all the girls?

April_Mommy said...

mmmmmm chocolate

Allrie said...

Funny story about the guy--Dad got a package of the Kissables, too. I think I prefer regular M & M's--more chocolate : candy covering. I like the strawberry and the caramel kisses, too. But I think I like my chocolate best in its pure--that is to say, chocolate, form. But efen the chocolate candy canes will do in a pinch. It sure is a good thing I'm almost out of all that stuff!

At least "til Valentine's Day. As I was taught as a child--every girl should receive a fancy heart box of chocolate--just because she's a girl. Now, who can say I wasn't raides right?

ABQ Mom said...

Okay, if you like those, you'll LOVE the kind I was offered a few weeks ago. You know the cherry cordials? They have hershey's kisses that have the gewey stuff INSIDE of the kiss! But of course NO cherry! I only had one, and now I owe Proud Mum a special gift at the end of the month, but man it was SOOOOOO worth it! I've looked for them so I could send some to PM but I can't find them anywhere. If you find them Hook a Girl UP!

fourth_fret said...

but almond hugs are our friends.

Kris said...

mmmmmmmm....off to the store I go.

K.

Sariah said...

Karen - I don't know if he said it to all the girls. But he was cute!

Dana - I don't like cherry cordials either. Would I still like those?

FF and Goofy - Almonds are evil. 'Nuff said.

Goofy - No, it wasn't Paul. It was a Premie. But it does sound like something Paul would do, huh?

Kris and Sariah - Get to the store. Now. They are thst good.

Proud Mum said...

Please don't be offended that I don't weigh in on this very important issue. I'm not ignoring you. You know what my situation is right now...

Proud Mum said...

But now I'm really curious about your mysterious guy. Is it someone any of us would have known?

terrierchica said...

You like chocolate?

You like chocolate ice cream?

Try Ben & Jerry's "Fudge Central with a Chocolate Fudge Core"

Do not at any time look at the nutrition facts!

It is sooooooo goooooood.....

April_Mommy said...

Now if you like chocolate, I have the ice cream for you. We have a home made hand crank ice cream maker. We don't use it very often, but when we do, we also use our Ben and Jerry's ice cream recipe book. They have one that is Chocolate ice cream with Resses peanut butter cups... now for as much as I love chocolate, I can never eat more than one bowl at a time... now that is some gooooooooooood chocolate!

Proud Mum said...

I know I should let this go... but what with talking about cats on FFs blog my curiousity is going crazy.

This is my ball of yarn: who was that guy?

(I know I should leave it alone, but since we know so many of the same people I bet we knew that guy, too. I promise this is the last time I ask. I need to do something else to occupy my mind, I think.)

Proud Mum said...

Are you implying that there's something wrong with going to the store for candy?

Hands up everyone who's gone to the store just for candy!

(come on, I know it's not just me...)

Sariah said...

I know that I go to the store just for candy a lot. I also go to the store for other things that are just a made up reason for me to get a chocolate bar and the check out register as a treat for myself (I hate shopping, so I need rewards, see.).

Raising my hand.

Allrie said...

Now I'm curious. Do I know Goofy? Are you talking about band Paul who changed the U-Haul truck on Sariah's mural to We (heart shape) love Paul. It is fun trying to figure out who people are.