Monday, January 23, 2006

Sooooooo Tired

I don't really know what's going on, but I'm just too tired to continue. I try so hard to get my chores done, to figure out something for dinner, to engage with the kids, but I'm just too tired.

I wish I could just get in bed, pull the covers over my head so it would be totally dark, and sleep. I want to sleep for forever. In a warm, comfy bed with the perfect amount of pillows, the perfect blanket, clean sheets, and the perfect temperature in my room so I won't wake up with cold toes. I need pajamas that won't twist around as I turn over, or have pant legs that don't come up above my knees somehow in my sleep.

I am soooooo tired, I can't think. But there's too much to do today.

Ches started classes today. He left for school at 7 am and won't be home until after 6 pm. I like having him around the house. I miss him already. But then again, at least he isn't home, angry at me because the house is a pig sty.

Aiden is getting over being sick. He got up twice in the middle of the night last night. Once because he was coughing and he wanted a drink, and the second time because he had kicked his blanket off, and for some reason or another needs me to come into his room and put it back on him. He hasn't figured out yet that he could probably do that himself.

Dallin also woke up twice to eat last night, but the first time wasn't until after 4 am (I think), so it's okay. He ate for a couple of minutes, then went right back to sleep. Funny thing is, he used to be our good sleeper. He'd go to bed at 8:30, sleep until 5 to eat for 10 minutes, then back to sleep until 7 or 7:30. I hope he gets back to that kind of a schedule soon.

Time to go run around town. I have to go to Wal Mart, the post office, the grocery store, and the dry cleaners. So much to do. But I'm just plain too tired! I want to park the kids in front of a movie and take a nap. Maybe after the errands. Okay, time to stop putting it off. Here I go.

11 comments:

Proud Mum said...

Are you pregnant?
That's exactly how I felt early in my pregnancy. I had to take a nap in the middle of folding one load of laundry. There I was, sitting on the couch, with my head on the pile of whites.

Whatever the reason, I hope you can perk up soon! I'd offer to babysit so you could nap... but I don't think I'd get there in time to actually be useful. ;-)

Sariah said...

OH MAN!!! I'd SO better NOT be pregnant! That is the LAST thing I can handle right now!! Besides, I get very sick when I'm pregnant, and my tummy has felt fine.

Hey, anytime you want to come up, you're more than welcome!! And it doesn't have to be for babysitting, either.

Allrie said...

I wish I could bebysit, but today I was wiped out myself--and at my stage of life, I do get to indulge. I had a hard fall yesterday, so was basically too sore to move today. Just remember that you kept your mother up nights until you were 3, so sympathy...well, yeah, but only so much.

Lura said...

I'm sorry the boys have been up at night. I'm still waiting for Jago to sleep longer. Some nights are great, but then he has his spells of being up every 1-2 hours. I really hate those nights. He's also sick right now, so we're in one of the bad spells.

Alyson said...

He was home with you for the last month and complained about the house. He has got two legs and a heart beat...What is it with men.

You are tired because you got up 4 times in the night. Thats almost brand new baby sleeping. Tim and I had a deal. He would get up with the older kids if I took care of the baby. That worked up until D first puke night after E was born.

Obviously I am having way to many strong feelings so I'd better go before i say something stupid.

fourth_fret said...

i'm sorry you're so exhausted right now. i can't imagine being that tired, and still having to "go" because of the whole parent thing.

hopefully things have/will settle very soon, and you can get caught up on rest.

(and i won't tell you about my naps- you know, that's my form of sympathy.) heh

Allrie said...

I'm with FF--nap-wise. All I can say is, it will get easier. Sariah, tho. I can't say when...I swear I didn't sleep at night until you kids were at leat 3--because as soon as one of you would start sleeping, I had another, and then the first would wake up again as well. Your father and I had a deal similar to Alyson's--He got up with the boys, and I got up with the girls. Of course, when there were 3 of each, with a baby of each sex, I had both babies anyway...I don't think our deal generally helped me a whole lot, but it was a mental thing. That did help.

April_Mommy said...

My hubby is such a deep sleeper that even if I did have a deal where he would get up, he wouldn't hear them till I kicked him three or four times... so not worth it!

Allrie said...

April-M, That's what Sariah said about Ches when I mentioned tis to her! Are you one of Sariah's sister's-in-law?

April_Mommy said...

Hehe, no alarie I am not :-) Just a friend...

Allrie said...

Maybe it's just that most guys have that gene. When Sariah woke us in the middle of the night because her arm was burned, Dad barely knew. Of course, she was being extraordinarily quiet so as not to wake her baby sister--I'd've been screaming and no one would have had any sleep that night!